Help with uniform

I've just been issued my fist lot of kit - most of which looks like it was designed to fit Mr Blobby! I need some help with getting ready for my first time at the unit tommorrow night:

I am a Padre posted to a RAMC unit. I have been given what I was told was a brigade insignia (medical Corps badge) and sew on union jack. Which sleeve do i put them on, and do I put them on both shirt and jacket?

I'm sitting here with a wet beret on my head and a needle and thread waiting for your answers!

Thanks - I'll just start unpicking the bit I'd started! I thought I heard a sergent say the brigade badge wne tunder the union flag. Bugger

RPGTabs,

Take your uniform along to the next drill night and ask for a word with the Sergeant Major.

Take some chalk or similar to mark the exact locations if he cannot provide you with a page of regulations.

msr

Your the Padre if the SSM has a problem tell him to get onto your Boss! Am sure the Big Guy will set him straight

Not a bad first effort. My experience of padres was soured when mine took my 2ic's "Help yourself to hobnobs" a bit too literally whilst on ex.

I came on shift to an ashen faced L/Cpl X who had managed to safe me one!!

Grrr, made sure my det wasn't too welcoming for the pardre after that.

PotYos said:
Not a bad first effort. My experience of padres was soured when mine took my 2ic's "Help yourself to hobnobs" a bit too literally whilst on ex.

I came on shift to an ashen faced L/Cpl X who had managed to safe me one!!

Grrr, made sure my det wasn't too welcoming for the pardre after that.
Thats a bit of a gay story Yos.

Ok so it won't ever be serialised in the Daily Mail but it's my padre related storey and I was *very* bitter about it.

Perhaps I should get some counselling...?

PotYos said:
Ok so it won't ever be serialised in the Daily Mail but it's my padre related storey and I was *very* bitter about it.

Perhaps I should get some counselling...?
See the Padre. He'll sort you out, with a cup of tea and maybe a biscuit ....

RPGTabs said:
well, I think I got all of this year's 'too big.' If there are any fat b*****ds out there who need to swap... Is that earthy enough?
You're learning fast Padre. If I was still serving you could sup at my BV anytime mate :D

In fact - I might even enjoy a drumhead service as long as I didn't have to pump your organ ;)