Help with security clearance

The Defence Vetting Agency may be able to assist. They will hold all the details, and your new employer's Security Controller (if it's a civvy company, and on List X) will be able to contact them as well in order to get your clearance tranferred.
You can find details on the DVA, including their helpdesk number at


Book Reviewer
If you have an SC clearance then your unit should hold a certificate for you to prove it. Get a copy of it. (OK, OK I know that 'officially' photocopies are not allowed, but - Welcome to the real world!)

When you received your clearance, your MAO should have received your certificate from the DVA.

The best way to proceed is to contact your regional Bde HQ and get them fired up. I appreciate that this isn't strictly the 'correct' way to do this, but needs must, after all. They will know how to go from there...

...and if you need help tracking down your Bde HQ, let me know via PM.

Latest Threads