Help with photos if possible

ugly

LE
I have been emailed by the regimental museum and they are looking for confirmation if these photos were taken in Malaysia with 1KSLI before vesting day in 1968. Any thoughts please gents;
From-the-Light-Infantry-Archives-at-Cornwalls-Regimental-Museum-General-Musson-with-WO2-R-Good...jpg

Attachments

ugly

LE
I'm actually curious about the weapon!

Not at all helpful, but if my family doctor put a 1960s tropical British General Officer's uniform on, he'd look a lot like that!

Classic photos of the visit by the Colonel of the Regiment General Musson (was colonel of the King's Shropshire Light Infantry from 1963 to 1968 and of the Light Infantry from 1968 to 1972).
The shoulder flashes are Commonwealth Infantry Brigade which was based in Terendak near the straits of Malacca in Malaysia.

The medal ribbon just visible on the shirt of (so the caption tells me) of WO2 R Good is that of the Africa General Service Medal, which would be with clasp 'KENYA', for service during the Mau Mau troubles.

"From the Light Infantry Archives at Cornwall's Regimental Museum – General Musson with WO2 R Goodman"

Wouldn't the Regiment have the records to show the date of the visit?

ugly

LE
"From the Light Infantry Archives at Cornwall's Regimental Museum – General Musson with WO2 R Goodman"

Unfortunately no, they have only the names on the rear of the photos.

Totally agree not hard, 4 star flogs to Malaya to visit chaps before they get amalgamated into the LI which he is then Colonel of the Regiment of.

I suppose if the records have not been digitised then it would take a deal of manual searching if you weren't starting out with a reasonable date.

We know its 1968 and when the big cheese comes to visit he normally gives out presents.
So a possible route to check is were any LSGCs or commendations presented to members serving with the Battalion in 1968 by the General. That will from the records nail the month and date of the visit.

ugly

LE
Please remember that the museum is staffed by civvies and volunteers who can only surmise that a certain photo was taken in a certain place by checking Bn diaries for movements and postings. Often like this they struggle with just names on the rear and have to make educated guesses!

Guesswork really, but the cap badge looks post vesting day LI. Looks like bugle cords hanging either side and even a slightly different texture in what's left of the space which could be the red backing the LI inherited from DCLI. Pre-vesting day badge in contrast, at that scale there was almost no space as the letters KSLI virtually filled it.

ugly

LE
There was a period when the LI Brigade was formed when the new badge was worn but county shoulder titles were used before Vesting day

Classic photos of the visit by the Colonel of the Regiment General Musson (was colonel of the King's Shropshire Light Infantry from 1963 to 1968 and of the Light Infantry from 1968 to 1972).
The shoulder flashes are Commonwealth Infantry Brigade which was based in Terendak near the straits of Malacca in Malaysia.
Looking at the shoulder titles worn by the two Light Infantrymen they appear to be Oxford and Buckingham Light Infantry ( odds and sodds)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
Red Ryder BB gun-(aka Daisy Model 1938)

good to see proper PPE worn or they would shoot their eyes out
I thought it was but the barrel looks massive unless it was an external sleeve