Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Thunderpants, Aug 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi, all would anyone be able to provide information on the following:

    I was medically discharged in 2000 with a disability of 50% and subsequent war pension. I have been having problems with the SPVA and have asked them the following:

    I have received corespondence from them and they confirm that the pension increases at 55 can be made now subject to qualifying, I dont have a problem with that.

    But they have not answered questions 3 to 5, i therefore contacted them today and was informed that there would be no increases to the amount paid and was dunfounded by this, when questioned further she then claimed that she did not understand how the pensions work for medically discharged personnel.

    I am to say the least extremly confused by all this and the contradictory information provided by Kentigern House.

    Can any one provide me with the information that i seek before i pay a visit to Kentigern House and let them know how i feel.

  2. You need to speak to the RBL mate. Good luck in your endeavours.

  3. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    Do you have an attributable Service Pension and a War Pension or just the War Pension?
  4. I have both the Attributable pension and the war pension