• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Help with finding pictures of 5.56mm Ammunition

Can anyone help with some digital pictures of 5.56mm ammunition types, I'm doing a presentation board for my local cadet unit to cover the characteristics.

I've only got some old ones on OHP!

looking for Ball, Tracer, LPTR (if anyone has seen them!) Drill & Blank. :?

Cheers guys!

Rabbithunter

Don't bother with the LPTR - never used, never seen

At least with pictures of 7.62 when people look at them they go down and stay down.
Bring back pictures of the SLR I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaqA6ERcujI

WARNING - Pretty graphic video so probably NSFW.

Shows the use of the 5.56mm ball.

Ignore the stuff about the US, this was UK troops. (or at least that was what I was told)

tearsbeforebedtime said:
LPTR?

*No Wah*
Low Power Training Round.

Mythical beast - much talked of but never seen since the blue plastic 7.62mm versions disappeared.

EX_STAB said:
At least with pictures of 7.62 when people look at them they go down and stay down.
Spoken like a true dinosaur 8O

Steven said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaqA6ERcujI

WARNING - Pretty graphic video so probably NSFW.

Shows the use of the 5.56mm ball.

Ignore the stuff about the US, this was UK troops. (or at least that was what I was told)
Unless I am mistaken it was a PWRR callsign near OSB in 2004.

dingerr said:
EX_STAB said:

Yep, SLR withdrawn from service over 20 years ago and still they bleat on about it :D

Im pretty sure that nobody on current ops would want to trade their A2 for it.

Osta

osta said:
dingerr said:
EX_STAB said:

Yep, SLR withdrawn from service over 20 years ago and still they bleat on about it :D

Osta
Wasn't quite 20 years ago!
Calling it 20 years makes some people feel older than they really are..... :D

osta said:
dingerr said:
EX_STAB said:

Osta
I certainly know plenty who would in a heart beat. I'm not one of them. Me, i'll stick to being one of very few JNCO's I know who likes the LSW.

However I'm going off thread!

Bad_Crow said:
osta said:
dingerr said:
EX_STAB said:

Osta
I certainly know plenty who would in a heart beat. I'm not one of them. Me, i'll stick to being one of very few JNCO's I know who likes the LSW.

However I'm going off thread!
Im not talking about stopping power or ballstics.

There can be very few people at the sharp end of this game, that has even seen one (SLR) in the flesh, let alone fired one.
That particular weapon, fine as it was, was withdrawn 20 + years ago.

osta

osta said:
dingerr said:
EX_STAB said:

Osta

And im pretty sure there are some punes in the forces nowadays would not even be able to lift the thing let alone use it...and it would probably be against their human rights.. :x at the time it served its purpose...
im also sure in another 10 years the same will be said of the a2. :wink: