Help With Finding Friends of REME Serviceman from 1950's

Hello all,

I hope there is someone reading this who may be able to help (and many thanks to Admin Bad CO for the help and advice).

I am looking to track down any friends or fellow servicemen who may have known a Mr Eric Dadswell who served during the 1950's and was posted to places including Honk Kong and Malta.

Please do let me know if you can help with this, or if you have any advice on how to track down more information.

Many thanks!

CT, xx

No nothing like that :) Eric was my friends grandfather. He has unfortunately passed away, but we would love to be able to track down anyone who may have known him during this time, even if it were only briefly.

Many thanks!

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Does he owe you money?

Do you honestly think Bad CO would condone debt collecting on his website? Give your head a wobble - jeez.

@CuppaTea - sorry to hear of the loss. If you get no luck on here, you could always try the Army Personnel Centre - they have a dedicated team for this, although it's usually for people accessing their own Service Records, they may be able to offer guidance:

APC MS Support - Disclosures 2
MP 535,
Kentigern House,
65 Brown Street,
Glasgow
G2 8EX
Tel: 0845 600 9663
Fax: 0141 224 3172
Email: apc-sp-disclosures2@mod.uk

For the website (and further reading) click on this link:

Army Personnel Centre - British Army Website

There's also the Gov.uk website:

Requests for personal data and service records - Detailed guidance - GOV.UK

Good luck with your search.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Lovely, thank you! :)

No problem - I suspect you'll get better luck with the second link I posted (gov.uk) which also contains the forms you can download and fill in. Obviously the more info you have the better - Regimental Number, date of birth etc.

Thats great :) coincidentally we sent off those forms yesterday, so hopefully we will get that back soon. Ideally we would like to find people who knew of him too- friends and colleagues who would have served with him. I know its a long shot, as it was a long time ago, but you never know!

WargasmNow

War Hero
Do you honestly think Bad CO would condone debt collecting on his website? Give your head a wobble - jeez.

That was me just being tactful. I was referring to unpaid child maintenance.

CT, contact the REME Museum. They might have some info, and would probably welcome copies of photos of your friend's Grandfather, too.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

@CuppaTea - sorry to hear of the loss. If you get no luck on here, you could always try the Army Personnel Centre - they have a dedicated team for this, although it's usually for people accessing their own Service Records, they may be able to offer guidance:

APC MS Support - Disclosures 2
MP 535,
Kentigern House,
65 Brown Street,
Glasgow
G2 8EX
Tel: 0845 600 9663
Fax: 0141 224 3172
Email: apc-sp-disclosures2@mod.uk

For the website (and further reading) click on this link:

Army Personnel Centre - British Army Website

There's also the Gov.uk website:

Requests for personal data and service records - Detailed guidance - GOV.UK

Good luck with your search.
Thanks for that,@DavidCameron, I can now apply for membership of the UJC, despite living in London since I left in 94 and not bothering before! :cool:

Latest Threads