Help with FAD

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by mosc7tc3, May 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone got any advice about where the best place is to pick up the various additional non-issue bits and bobs for the FAD that I'm going to be issued soon. Apparently (?bizarrely) it doesn't come with buttons, a cap, shoes, sam browne etc, and these can only be obtained by searching the internet.

Additionally, it will be the size of a tent, and needs to be tailored and polished professionally.

Has anyone got any less rambling and more specific advice than the QM at my unit? I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

(I'm RAMC if that is relevant)

2. Your QM should supply it, you are entitled to it?

3. Yes - it comes with all the various bits and pieces as standard. The only extra accoutrements you may need to buy are only if you are an officer or warrant officer, dependent on capbadge.

4. I just had a peek at Army Dress Regulations (ANNEX B TO SECTION 4 - SCALE 2 - CLOTHING FOR OFFICERS OF THE TERRITORIAL ARMY GROUPS A AND B).

You should be issued a full suit, including buttons, collar dogs, gloves and all that jazz.

If you are TA, you don't get issued a Sam Browne, which I think is rather bizarre.

5. I am an officer...does this mean the QM is trying to short change me?

6. You definitely get issued shoes and buttons with it. Im not 100% on the hat (having never worn one) but I think this may be issued as well and just the gold braiding needs to be paid for. The Sam brown used to be issued on repayment, that is it would be issued and then the money claimed back direct from wages but I don't think that this is the case anymore and it is issued free.

Sent from my brick using poo stained fingers

7. Thanks guys, that's really helpful!