Help with boot fitting please.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Tonysco, Jul 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this, i have an issue with finding a decent brand of boots which fit my feet right. I was hoping to find a low volume boot since my feet are quite short, possibly a make such as lowa or mendel. Solomons seem to fit me very well being from italy i believe, however they dont seem to do a standard black lether one, suitable for the odd tab in kit and general outdoor use.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. yup use the search function and type in 'Boots' then go and try some on.

3. Google

Asolo are the lowest volume brand I'm aware of.

Just try on all the brands in Silvermans /another good surplus store and check that the boot feels tight evenly around the foot (i.e. not pressing in any particular place) that your heel is secure when you step up and down a ramp, and that your toes are not touching the end at all when you kick the boots against some wood and when you stamp down the ramp. Kick your heel back into the heel cup when you put them on and do do the laces up tightly and evenly from the bottom all the way to the top.

4. Look at Altberg boots - we used to get them for a bloke who had really short stumpy feet. Worth a trip to get a pair fitted by them.

5. If you can draw round your foot, scan it, then post it on here I'll tell you which boots are best. Here's my foot for reference:

foot-outline.gif

• Like Like x 2
  6. And at weekends:

PA's Foot.jpg

7. Presume you mean Salomons mate. Don't get too fixated by the colour, if you can find a pair of civvy brown boots that agree with you then their very easy to turn black with some polish. Done this with Brashers and Gri-Sport boots with no dramas.