Help with baked beans!

Ok, in a new flat, and I cant find my tin opener. Don't think I've seen it since I moved.

Heres the problem- I want beans on toast. I've made the toast, but I cant get into my beans. Any one know of any ways to get into them sing only my wit courage and various kitchen things?

T C

8) Put the tin in a pot of water, bring to the boil and keep boiling until the tin explodes.
Effective, but messy.

You must be pi$$ed. Use the ring-pull.

edited to add:

It's on the TOP of the can.

oh, and i've now got this fancy new Siemens touch activated elecric hob thingy... I can only get one of them going and its at full whack... Any one got any experience with these?

T C

The_Cheat said:
Ok, in a new flat, and I cant find my tin opener. Don't think I've seen it since I moved.

Heres the problem- I want beans on toast. I've made the toast, but I cant get into my beans. Any one know of any ways to get into them sing only my wit courage and various kitchen things?

T C
I keep a 'tin opener' in my kitchen for just that event, You dullard. You deserve to starve - they call it natural selection!

The_Cheat said:
oh, and i've now got this fancy new Siemens touch activated elecric hob thingy... I can only get one of them going and its at full whack... Any one got any experience with these?

T C
Just put the hexi burner on top of the one that works. It'll light a treat.

Stand tin on ring.

Tin will spontaeously open after a few moments, epecially if you dent the top.

Tin will also succesfully turn off the ring.

Beans will also be hot.

Rest toast on top of can for best results.

The_Cheat said:

T C
Life so far...has it proven to be a bit of a challenge?

Can't see the problem here. Any chiv with a fairly point blade will open cans as sweet as a nut! Wrap a bit of tissue or cloth around the blade, grip it low down and away you go.

Or did I just bite?

MsG

BabyDoc said:
If you have a penknife anywhere nearby there is a tool on there to open a can, it looks like the bottle opener one but is sharper.
is it called a can opener perchance?
Cos I heard this story once about a bloke called "the cheat" who didnt have one and asked for help to open his can in another way.

Crazy!

(Yes the hatred levels are doing well today - no i dont drink decaf')

Give it another couple of hours, then ask to borrow your neighbour's.

Or go to Tesco and buy a tin opener. They're still open.

Huge feck off knife, hammer, or screwdriver will work when applied to the lid with sufficient force and provide you with much baked bean happiness.

Lay can on road, drive over end of can in car, lick beans off road, get run over by lorry.

Two birds one stone, natural selection wins again.

You are obviously a nig. I still have a compo tin opener in my kitchen, one in my wallet (removed for air journeys) Unprepared is unprofessional. Initiative called for, and although some excellent ideas, I would recommend battering the fcuk out of the tin lid with a knife and another tin of beans until a bean sized hole appears, then simply let gravity do its thing. Should take a couple of days.

The_Cheat said:

T C
You must be a right bundle of laughs.

Why not toast your body using meths and a lighter? Hopefully the ensuing inferno will explode the bean can, the shrapnel ripping you a new a-hole.

You boring cnut.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 3
A The Intelligence Cell 6
GunnersQuadrant The Intelligence Cell 15