Help with a slang term

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dubbstee, Dec 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello,

    can anyone remind what the derogatory term is, soemtimes used against TA's cadet etc. It sounds like chippy or chappy, or chivvy or something. I got told my beret gave this impression, ( cos it is in ugrent need of further srhinking / shaving. )

    I've heard it before so I know its comman miltary parlance. Pls help!

    Just bugging me I can't recall the exact term.

  2. Yeah word you are looking for is ****.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I thought it was a dubbstee
    • Like Like x 1
  4. a stab?
  5. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT

    There's all sort of possibilities. You could even use a simple two word combination such as "******* Shit", as in "Your beret is ******* Shit you gopping ****"
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Well having lurked on here for many years, and finally took the plunge with a genuine query, I can honestly say I was not disapointed in both the speed and the nature of the response!

    But seriously, its a serious question.
  7. TheIronDuke

    TheIronDuke On ROPs Book Reviewer

    I love it when a humble Seeker After Knowledge submits himself to the collective wisdom of ARRSE.
  8. You sure it's not chav or chavvy, frequently used to deride a mong from the mong classes?
  9. Yes I guess it might be chavvy, just I recall it pre-dated the term "Chav" as we know it today.

    thanks for everyone's input.
  10. skid2

    skid2 LE Book Reviewer

    Bet he's English
    • Like Like x 1