Help with a slang term

Hello,

can anyone remind what the derogatory term is, soemtimes used against TA's cadet etc. It sounds like chippy or chappy, or chivvy or something. I got told my beret gave this impression, ( cos it is in ugrent need of further srhinking / shaving. )

I've heard it before so I know its comman miltary parlance. Pls help!

Just bugging me I can't recall the exact term.

thanks.
Dubbstee.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
There's all sort of possibilities. You could even use a simple two word combination such as "******* Shit", as in "Your beret is ******* Shit you gopping ****"

Well having lurked on here for many years, and finally took the plunge with a genuine query, I can honestly say I was not disapointed in both the speed and the nature of the response!

But seriously, its a serious question.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I love it when a humble Seeker After Knowledge submits himself to the collective wisdom of ARRSE.

Hello,

can anyone remind what the derogatory term is, soemtimes used against TA's cadet etc. It sounds like chippy or chappy, or chivvy or something. I got told my beret gave this impression, ( cos it is in ugrent need of further srhinking / shaving. )

I've heard it before so I know its comman miltary parlance. Pls help!

Just bugging me I can't recall the exact term.

thanks.
Dubbstee.
You sure it's not chav or chavvy, frequently used to deride a mong from the mong classes?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 3
A The Intelligence Cell 6
GunnersQuadrant The Intelligence Cell 15