Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a potential Walt who is taking the proverbial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, I thought the grovelling apology was the end, for now at least, of this episode (even that had some questionable wriggle-room built into it). Did this chump think his association with mentally fragile Afghan veterans was going to raise his standing? What a ****, he needs to stop bullshitting vulnerable people, whether kids, sufferers of PTSD, or his own family.

THESUNJOCK

War Hero
Not that worried what his e bay habits are now as we got the end result. Confession! !
Even if it was a tad self serving to keep the press away.

... we got the end result. Confession! !...

As I see it, the confession isn't the be all and end all. What I think is more important is that he no longer tries to con people into believing that he is something that he is not, gaining rewards in some way for his deception.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
As I see it, the confession isn't the be all and end all. What I think is more important is that he no longer tries to con people into believing that he is something that he is not, gaining rewards in some way for his deception.

He'll stick around, I can almost guarantee his name will pop up in some form of military guise in the future. As I said, oh, pages ago, he's building up a legend for himself, and as we know paying a lot of money for it. He's not going to bin all his bling, and despite the excellent work on this site, it's only small scale, and he knows that as well.

With regard to the school visit, the authorities should be informed, as I believe his local paper has, although they'd need some balls to publish a retraction story.

He can't help it, none of them can. It's pathetic.

THESUNJOCK

War Hero

Well considering most never confess, its not a bad result and as far as ARRSE is concerned its an end result for the arrspida entry! Until the press make a entry necessary:)
A confession and from his own email address. The same email he gave to the press to publish when making his plea for kit when Walting at a school. Makes it all the harder for him to retract and call it lies when he gets "doorsteped" by jerno's!

I have always found the press tend to stay away from walts unless all the evidence is provided as they know Walts are cunning little gits and the press solicitors get all wobbly.

If you look at the infamous walts on arrspida you will note nearly all the walts mentioned made it into the press eventually after the evidence was gathered from these threads. No wild or shooting from hip accusations or endless pims bollocks.

No one can say what Reeves real motive was for venturing in a school in Para reg working dress, talking to kids about war!

One thing I can say, it wont be long before most are warned off over the affair! Normally after that, their house of cards comes tumbling down even more and people, much more qualified look into his affairs and I'm not talking about Dave's "candycrib" account ;)

Well considering most never confess, its not a bad result and as far as ARRSE is concerned its an end result for the arrspida entry! Until the press make a entry necessary:)
A confession and from his own email address. The same email he gave to the press to publish when making his plea for kit when Walting at a school. Makes it all the harder for him to retract and call it lies when he gets "doorsteped" by jerno's!...

I'm not denying that it was a good result, and I'm certainly not trying to detract from the outstanding manner in which you ensnared him. What I'm getting at is that these sad people rarely stop their fantasies, and that keeping an eye on his activities isn't something I would discourage.

PS I'll gladly buy Phil a Pimms for his efforts, if you know where I can find him.

Hmm walts you have to hate em.

The professional side of me says 'they need help' due to the clear presentaiton of some form of acute personallity disorder, but then the inner squaddie says '**** 'em', and wants to tap dance on a variety of piviotal joints and break calcium based body structures (oh the duality of man).

Why are they always married to semi-retarded mingers? What's going on there? I have excuse, I met mine down the bop, whats theirs?

Why do they always claim to have PTSD? Its not pleasant to have (personal experience in these things), ffs I wish I DIDN't have it as it damm near destroyed me, my family and those close to me (I'm much better now thanks to Audley Court et al and NOT playing shoot 'em ups, watching war films, taking 90 pills a day (the man must have positively rattled when he walked) and I missed out on the numerous ITV and lcoal news appearences, but then I had it, and as others on here can testiy from their own experiences talking to complete strangers, yet alone family, is not high on the personal agenda). Then they rip off descent folk who believe their cock and bull and ponce about with toy guns and made up uniforms at walt fests like Walt and Ponce and talk shite to whoever is gullible enough to believe them (The RBL aren't very good at spotting a Walt in all fairness).

Ohh it makes me so unreasonable when I read their antics...I could spit.

Funny as 10. Good work SJ. Good work.

Not wishing to wave my big dick at you, but you obviously mean post # 85. Some twenty entries before your 'discovery'

Post #85:

"More from This busy lad on ebay recently.

eBay Feedback profile for thedoc1461

He's now in possession of a GSM NI, plus miniatures and the OSM Sierra Leone. He's also purchased various certificates of Para service, and assorted Para Reg PRI type gubbins..

All in the last week. Perhaps he's been invited to a mess Christmas do? He wouldn't want to rock up without an engraved zippo and cufflinks would he?"

What's your point?

csssigs

Swinger
Wow, I don't know what the fallout from this is going to be and in all honesty I am not sure I want to, it was definately the right thing exposing him but it doesn't sit easy on my conscience. That said, if it was not me then it was going to be someone else before long, his stories were getting bigger and bigger so it was only a matter of time before someone down at the legion sussed him out. Anyway, this is probably my last post, I just wanted to stop by and thank those who looked into his story. The man is a dangerous liar and should not be let anywhere near young children, nevermind raising money under false pretenses. Thanks again, keep up the good work.

Beggers belief it went on for so long.

THESUNJOCK

War Hero
I just had it confirmed. Dave Reeve was trying to fleece cash out of SSAFA to help him pay for bills, he was that hard up apparently. He must have fed alot of BS when he was means tested.
The same Dave Reeve who spent over £800 on ebay in a month so he could Walt it up. SSAFA are aware now. So no cheque in the post for Dave now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads