help with a medal querie

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by the-jock-ninja, May 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right to tell the story first, i joined in 2000, but in 2002 i was issued with golden jubilee medal, knowing that i did not meet the criteria it was thrown in a draw and never thought of again, untill now!

i have been promoted to sgt and during a recent mess function asked why i was not wearing a queens golden jubilee medal, upon stating the above i was told that if i've got it im to wear it, and asked if it was on jpa which it is not but then nor is my iraq medal.

what im after is what i do now?
    some have said that i can wear it some have said get in touch with jpac and once it is on jpa im covered. i understand im no where near the criteria but why was i issued with it? to be fair it is the only medal i was presented on parade instead of thrown over a desk!
    cheers for any help.

2. It's 5 yrs service from Feb 1997 to qualify so if you didn't join until 2000 then you're not eligible.

3. You must have been serving ON or Before 5th Feb 1997 to qualify for the award, unless you were serving in other area's:

Cadet instructor
    Emergency services etc

If not you will find a future Walt Hunt on here for you :)

4. Suck it up and flog it on ebay. You'll get up to £40 if it's still in the box along with paperwork.

5. Bearing in mind the medal is not engraved with personal details:

If you know that you do not meet the criteria it is completely down to your integrity or lack of.

However, I suspect you realise (deep down) that regardless of whether it was issued or not, JPAC nor anyone else will authorise/sanction you to wear it

6. Because out of the thousands issued a few mistakes might have been made?

7. walt hunt?????

8. Mate, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the criteria, you don’t meet it. Therefore you are not entitled to wear the medal.

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Your Baron whats his face and I claim my £5.00

10. i wouldnt wear it mate!!

11. Are you a member of the Royal Family? If not get it on eBay