HELP !! Will I pass my medical

I have jaundice likely Gilbert's , will I be refused entry to the TA ? Apart from that I am fit and healthy. Male aged 18 joining the infantary ??????

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have jaundice likely Gilbert's , will I be refused entry to the TA ? Apart from that I am fit and healthy. Male aged 18 joining the infantary ??????
I do not know Gilbert. Have you HEP A, or HEP B?

Z

Zarathustra

Im not a medical professional but I feel that when it says "may be a bar to enlistment" it might mean that the decision will be made by a Dr after they've reviewed your medical records.

Just because some people get in doesn't me you will and just because some people get turned away doesn't mean you will.

It's probably not what you're after but your best chance of an accurate answer is to go to the ACIO and see what happens at your medical etc.

Gilbert's syndrome is a condition where the liver does not process bilirubin very well. It is sometimes called Gilbert's disease although it does not cause 'disease' as such. The liver itself is normal and the condition is usually harmless. The condition is named after the doctor who first described it in 1901.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Gilbert's syndrome is a condition where the liver does not process bilirubin very well. It is sometimes called Gilbert's disease although it does not cause 'disease' as such. The liver itself is normal and the condition is usually harmless. The condition is named after the doctor who first described it in 1901.
Thank you Doctor Expert. How nice that you can find the time to join us.

So, let me get this straight. Jaundice. Your shit turns white, your eyes and skin turn yellow and you have the strength of a half drowned kitten, plus you have major psychological issues like depression and thoughts of suicide yes?

Not exactly what I want when my taxes are paying for fit, up-for-it front line troops. Or even wagon drivers and people who do the laundry in a combat situation.

Unless there is some sort of Jaundice-Lite that is not yet known to medical science.

U have not got anything straight, some immature behaviour. Well done, you can now go and collect some cyber gangster award
Text Speak now on ARRSE? :? FFS what happened to standards? :omg: If I were TID I'd send some lads around.

I have Gilbert's and it was no problem (although I have never suffered jaundice).

NB. Did they pronounce it the French (Jill) or English (Fish gills) way?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
U have not got anything straight, some immature behaviour. Well done, you can now go and collect some cyber gangster award
Yeah, cheers. I heard you the first time yellow boy.

Gilbert on a good day.jpg