Help what are these ribbons

With that many campaign medals I would have expected to also see an ACSM

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
He was in the marines then SBS between 95-2008ish rising to Colour Sergeant if that makes more sense?
Impossible.
You know his dates, you more than likely know his name too.
Do a little dig as there would be a record of DSOs/ MCs etc.
Never heard of a ranker getting a DSO either.
Senior ranks- yes, NCOs- no.
It is an impossible rack.
Is he trying to get into your knickers?

Our old friend Wikipedia and the National Archive database both confirm the suspicions of myself and others above; DSO's are for officers only, typically Captain's and above for actions in a command role. In theory it can now be given to an NCO but none have been to date.

The right-hand ribbon of the second full row appears to be the narrow white and blue stripes of the UN Korea Medal, which, if so, would date to 1950-53.
Yes, interesting that he was in Unficyp in the 60's or later, nipped back to Korea in the 50's, bounced forward again for more UN service including Unprofor and or Unmibh.
Are those last ones TA long service award ribbons?
I forgot to look for coronation and jubilees, can't be arsed to have another look.

One is the TA medal the other looks like a officer decoration but again it’s in the wrong order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trilby

Clanker
Book Reviewer
Yes, interesting that he was in Unficyp in the 60's or later, nipped back to Korea in the 50's, bounced forward again for more UN service including Unprofor and or Unmibh.
Are those last ones TA long service award ribbons?
I forgot to look for coronation and jubilees, can't be arsed to have another look.
The last ribbon appears to be the green gold green of the Territorial Efficiency Decoration, superseded 1 April 1999 and formerly awarded to officers of twelve years' service:

Efficiency Decoration - Wikipedia

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Our old friend Wikipedia and the National Archive database both confirm the suspicions of myself and others above; DSO's are for officers only, typically Captain's and above for actions in a command role. In theory it can now be given to an NCO but none have been to date.
The exception is SF pers, but they'll not be Gazetted because the Ops for which they were awarded are classified.

The exception is SF pers, but they'll not be Gazetted because the Ops for which they were awarded are classified.
Ah the ultimate walt excuse "I can tell you but I'd have to kill you". If it's that secret you weren't there, you should be maintaining that position by not wearing the medal.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ah the ultimate walt excuse "I can tell you but I'd have to kill you". If it's that secret you weren't there, you should be maintaining that position by not wearing the medal.
Then he wouldn't be pretending properly.

Women walts have it a lot easier, they're allowed to have the record falsified.

Then he wouldn't be pretending properly.

Women walts have it a lot easier, they're allowed to have the record falsified.
Do you mean women walts as in men who used to be women but have a mental illness that has been treated with surgery, or do you mean women who walt as soldiers?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Do you mean women walts as in men who used to be women but have a mental illness that has been treated with surgery, or do you mean women who walt as soldiers?
The first bit, the loonies.