Help wanted - ID the band

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by eye_spy, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please help me.

There was a band that used to be played on MTV alot in the very early 90's. I can't for the life of me remember what they were called. There were three members i think; 2 blokes, one of which had ginger hair and a goatee beard and a bird who didn't really contibute much but used to flash her gusset quite a lot in the video. Their style of music was pretty middle of the road and their videos were very arty and a bit weird. They weren't mainstream but as i said, MTV used to play them alot.

Reason for my question. None really, was surfing you tube last night watching some old musoic from years ago and wouldn't mind seeing that bird flashing her knickers and stockings again!!

Cheers guys

2. Thompson Twins?

3. If you could tell us what they sung it might help. PMU might be right.

4. Thompson Twins were long gone by the nineties weren't they?
    More of an eighties group I thought.

5. You're thinking of the astonishingly bad, Swedish dance music act known as 'Army of Lovers'

They got a lot of play in MTV in 1991/92, because the video below

YouTube - Army of Lovers - Obsession (Original Version!!!)

showed off Camilla Henemarks knickers and knockers a lot.

Why do I know so much about this tune? Though the video is only 3mins 46secs long, I was on such a hair trigger, I could be done and dusted just as she's bending over the chair at 3.10.

6. And i would

7. Thanks for your suggestions guys, its not the thompson twins or garbage though. I'm not sure they were British to be honest. The bird had long black hair and too much make up on her face. The videos bordered on the semi erotic/bizzarre. Can't remember the names of the songs, too busy oggling her box!

8. Bingo, cheers CC, I owe you a beer!

Just watched it, christ that takes me back to the Sandhurst block in Lisburn.

9. Christ! I remember that video now.
    It came out not long after I'd discovered that pulling my pud made it sick.

10. Didn't the Gwah bloke pop up in an Alkazar video? Europop eh, takes me back to Munster.

11. My God that is one awful song/ group/video.

From around then (or a bit earlier) I remember being very taken with The Divinyls

The pop video seems a bit tame nearly twenty years later!

YouTube - Divinyls - I Touch Myself

12. A very bad acid trip?