Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help very much needed

Bubbles_Barker said:
Bedpan2zero said:
youre missing the point Bubbles

he isnt in the army yet - therefore he is competing against the standard entry requirements as set down in PULHHEEMS.

If an individiual has a history of ' depression' they will find it difficult with the increasing pressures of service life as compaired to civvi life.

OK - hear what you're saying - but that leads me on to ask about those serving soldiers with 'depression' on their docs
?

when applying to join any service - you must meet the fitness criteria.
once in the service - you can become as ill as you like. once you are in, you're IN. then if you become too ill - you get medically discharged. simple really.[/quote]

Hmmmm. Not sure about that. When I applied to change my commision to a Reg C some 20 odd years ago they failed me because I had failed to meet 'joining criteria' for hearing (I was, and still am, H3, thanks to Seamus O'Timing Device). I had to get a 2nd opinion (from Harley Street, at a cost of 120 quid to myself) to get through, confirming that it was 'service in NI' wot done it. A 'special medical board' had to be convened - which I fortunately passed - the in service standard even for SF being H3 as I remember. I couldn't work it out at the time - I could have been SF at H3 and OK but not a snot nosed Truckie at H3?

Seems like double standards to me - or has it all changed?[/quote]

I remember in the lat 80's and early 90's - the army medically discharged a lot of good people, they then changed the criteria.

e.g

if you're a fit and healthy signaller at P2 FE - do yoou need to be fit to sit behind a desk.

a soldier with say 10 years experience, skills and training - who is injured and graded P7 - should he be flung out the army - NO, because he is fit enough to do his job from behind a desk

so now - things are a little better in some not all respects

Latest Threads