Help Us Map Out The Future Of Simulation

We are a consortium of companies and academics researching the future of simulation technologies on behalf of the defence community. As part of our research activities we are trying to gain an understanding of where interested parties foresee simulation and gaming environments progressing in the future and so we have some questions which we would like to put to the military community.
  • How might simulation be used more to support training, experimentation, test or evaluation?
  • How do you believe current simulations can be improved?
  • How do you think simulation can be made more available?

Have you asked the MoD to speak to currently serving Forces personnel who deliver training?

M

Mr_Logic

Refining your question to weapon platform, effect or trade group would help. Also, if you are contracted by the MOD or a serious industry player you will doubtlessly be aware the Army has a slack handful of SO2s with an MSc in simulation already working on this.

We are a consortium of companies and academics researching the future of simulation technologies on behalf of the defence community. As part of our research activities we are trying to gain an understanding of where interested parties foresee simulation and gaming environments progressing in the future and so we have some questions which we would like to put to the military community.
  • How might simulation be used more to support training, experimentation, test or evaluation?
Happy to help. I'm an ex helicopter pilot, with lots of experience of simulation to deliver platform training but also mission planning. I'm an aficionado of DCS and also experimenting with VR in the form of Vive. Additionally I'm very senior in an international ICT company that does AR and VR in its sleep.

All of the above is true.

Now, how much are you paying?

Thank you for your help.
Have you asked the MoD to speak to currently serving Forces personnel who deliver training?
We work with MoD staff who are responsible for delivering training and would be interested in the wide Forces personnel’s (both serving and ex) view.

Refining your question to weapon platform, effect or trade group would help. Also, if you are contracted by the MOD or a serious industry player you will doubtlessly be aware the Army has a slack handful of SO2s with an MSc in simulation already working on this.
We are interested in the wider application of simulation across defence capabilities including training. We work with the defence simulation community including Forces personnel with simulation qualifications. We are interested in the thoughts of a wide range of Forces personnel who may have unique point of view based on their experiences.

1. From a technology perspective,
We are a consortium of companies and academics researching the future of simulation technologies on behalf of the defence community...
My guess is that you need to define the domain more closely, do you mean low-level tactics 'worn' simulation, or high-end gaming simulation i.e.: staff training environments?

Or motion/mission/funtional simulation for platforms for AFV/Ac?