Help to remember a tv series

Whats a WAFU. Is that a jolly jack tar thing?
They are the naval equivalent of the ginger step-child.

They aren't good for much and when on board take up essential space normally used for storing crates of beer.

They only served one useful purpose when deployed and that was to fetch the mail.

Slang for fleet air arm bods, apparently means “ weapon and fuel users “, or even “ wet and f******** useless” if yr a codhead.
And you cheat at uckers with your weird rules.

I am trying to remember the name of the bear in the kids TV programme in the sixties and is still going I believe. Originally presented by Harry Corbett, the dog was named Sweep, but what was the bear called?

Last edited:
I am trying to remember the name of the bear in the kids TV programme in the sixties and is still going a believe. Originally presented by Harry Corbett, the dog was named Sweep, but what was the bear called?
ManFishing.gif

Sticky847

Swinger
They are the naval equivalent of the ginger step-child.

They aren't good for much and when on board take up essential space normally used for storing crates of beer.

They only served one useful purpose when deployed and that was to fetch the mail.
Well, mail and any OPDEFS that could fit in the lynx cabiin, and to help the cods we would try to NOT be onboard as much as possible.

Well, mail and any OPDEFS that could fit in the lynx cabiin, and to help the cods we would try to NOT be onboard as much as possible.
I know the pilots like to create a few A1 OPDEFS by dunking their cabs in the oggin to a fair few fathoms.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
AR puffin stuff?

Rodger or something the the gnome?

hThink they were programmed in the 70ies.

Anyone?
H R Puffenstuff?

PS. Looks like you typed that in the 70s ;-)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Am very aware of not biting, am ex WAFU so v used to a wall of piss taking and having lurked here for a couple of yrs I am going to be very careful, also I shouldn’t spend any more time on here as there’s only so many hrs in the day, many thanks for the advice and welcome.

Hello and welcome Sticky. My Aunt was with the Fleet Air Arm as a Wren.

Real conversation stopper eh? :)

Slang for fleet air arm bods, apparently means “ weapon and fuel users “, or even “ wet and f******** useless” if yr a codhead.
So the job of WAFU's is to sink the Sun Dodgers to prevent them from sinking the Cod Heads and making the WAFU's homeless and very wet unless within range of land.

Oh and collecting the mail.

Is this about right?

What's the difference between a wren and a walrus?
One is a fat, blubbery, sea-going mammal with whiskers that stinks of fish and the other is a walrus.

Latest Threads