Help to remember a tv series

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I have a half-formed memory of a TV series I watched as a youngster (late 70s/early 80s) about a young man trying to find out the truth about his parents' death/disappearance in Cold War Eastern Europe some years before. I seem to recall they were spies(?) trying to escape from the baddies/police. The intro scene was a slow motion car chase at night set to a slow instrumental soundtrack. It's been nagging at me for days, can someone please put me out of my misery?

I have a half-formed memory of a TV series I watched as a youngster (late 70s/early 80s) about a young man trying to find out the truth about his parents' death/disappearance in Cold War Eastern Europe some years before. I seem to recall they were spies(?) trying to escape from the baddies/police. The intro scene was a slow motion car chase at night set to a slow instrumental soundtrack. It's been nagging at me for days, can someone please put me out of my misery?
Yes, I will draw the mess webley from the armoury with the complementary bottle of whisky straight away. Pleased to be of assistance.............Oh!

Last edited:
Sorry, not directly, but Deutschland 83 would be a damned fine substitute. I rarely watch TV, but that’s world-class TV, if there’s such a thing.

I love threads like this. Can you remember any of the actors or actresses who where in it?
Was it live action or animation?

Sticky847

Swinger
I remember it as well, it was called “ Barriers”, the intro has stuck with me as I found it odd as a kid. Also after a long time lurking this has prompted me to register !

I remember it as well, it was called “ Barriers”, the intro has stuck with me as I found it odd as a kid. Also after a long time lurking this has prompted me to register !

diehard57

War Hero

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Your round, I'll have a pint of Cillit Bang please.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cheers Sticky, I could sort of remember the theme tune. It was really getting on my nerves as I couldn't find it on any lists of 70s/80s TV series.

Latest Threads