Help Them out, Wounded travel assistance

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once more the begging bowl bandwagon is fired up.

In September we have a young Gunner (another one) who we bought flights for, himself & family flying out to Spain

Last week I received a call to say the bloke who was casevaced with him on the same day, and subsequently spent time in Sellyoak and Headley court with is available for a trip at the same time, along with his Doris and 10 week old sprog.

Flights are 389 Quids..........

In addition we have a paratrooper, Gun shot wound in Afganistan. He can't go to spain yet, but would dearly love to go to Arnhem for the anniversary celebrations in September.

Am currently looking at accomodation for the Weekend. (If anyone is resident near Oosterbeek and can accomodate a wheelchair bound, drunken Para, his Mrs & Carer please let me know, failing that we'll be providing accomodation & flights.

Flights are 440 Quids,

Paypal: Hooverbags@msn.com

Lloyds:
    Sort code 77-51-01
    Acct Number 54713568

HSBC

Sort Code 40-02-00
    Acct Number 22286017

..............................................................................

Some feedback.

I went over to Spain last week and met up with a few of our visiting families, all exceptionally grateful and humbled at everybody's priceless contributions, its just a shame I am unable to convey that in any other way than words on here.

I met up with a Gunner who'd lost his leg (clumsy cnut) he had a pretty traumatic flight, arriving in the middle of the night and struggling with his chair, in the end one of the property owners in Spain went to pick him up for us...... I took them shopping, bought them some booze discussed his stump then he came out with 'Right, how do I get onto the golf course'

He then strapped on a placcy leg and played until his stump bled.

He's been pretty shabbily treated by the system, not venting here, but to see the difference to him and his family for a break in the sun was one of the most rewarding parts of all this to date.

I can't even beging to explain how busy Dave is with booking, editting, cancelling, amending, rebooking properties, organising changeovers, cleaners, pick ups, drops offs...... if he were better looking I'd suck him off.

Guys, this is making a huge difference, I'll put up a few photos of the complex afterwards.

Please help me get our two injured colleagues away for a break.

I'm opening with 30 quid towards the Arnhem trip, and I'll be bullying Aunty Stella into the same at some stage, hopefully we'll also be there to make sure he doesn't buy a beer all weekend.

............................................................................

Quick edit:

Two more families fly out this weekend also.

2. will drop augusts donation in a/c tomorrow.

Ski.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Starting a new job wit Sainsbury's in their warehouse opposite Palace on Tuesday thanks to Meridians CV.
    Dosh inbound from first pay cheque mid/end August.(sorry,best I can do.Moneys been tighter than a ducks arrse over the past few months & was getting worse...<Rant on>After what we pay in Tax & NI,when you need it yourself,you'd be better off begging with the pittance you get being honest compared to the scroungers who get the feckin lot!!!<rant off>)
    But it's heartwarming to see the good that's being done.
    Spike

4. £100 from me and Pip and Halo.

Took me 20 minutes to kiss the non British HSBC type wallah's arrse though.

5. tenner posted mate.

6. Dosh incoming

7. Cracking start, cheers folks.

No huge urgency on this one, not looking to book the flights until Thursday next week and lots of folks have a pay day before then :D

8. Glad you had a good holiday. Dont forget what we talked about :wink:
    Money inbound to you.

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

MDN,As I'm starting a job with Sainsbury's I'll hunt around & see what I can scrounge,maybe for an auction.
    Spike
    (Or I'll charge c*nts £10 a tw@ on Olivers boat race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

10. Noisette in for a few squids

11. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Few quid inbound

Spike, glad to hear the CV helped.

Anyone else who wants a gucci CV PM me, it will only cost you a donation :D

12. [​IMG]

Street name on the complex where we send out fellas.

Too date we haven't sent and RGJ though

13. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

We would have to shell out for a shovel and a bag of lime as well :D

14. Some £sd sent ... not much I'm fcuking unemployed you know.

Cnuts the lot of them ... can't even come back off tour with their fcuking limbs.

:x

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers meridian,
    Your CV got me a job earlier but it was a bollux cause after I had the interview I spent a day with one of the blokes & it turned out to be a door to door sales job with a 100% commision salery!!!
    F*ck that!!! So after consulting the dole I decided it wasnt financially viable & kept looking.
    Thanks again.
    Spike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.