Help them out. New Case

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've been made aware of a case involving a 23 yr old recently medically discharged soldier, soon to be homeless with his family (Wife and two nippers under 3)

All relevant agencies now aware, but as we've shown in the past no one has a quicker flash to bang time than us.

Current housing is a no go and they will have to be out of there shortly, am currently liasing and will continue with Spanish Daves help to liase with local to him landlords and estate agents, with a view to getting him into semi permenant accomodation rather then Bed and Breakfasts and sitting on council waiting lists in hostels.

This isn't a thread to voice outrage at systems, and the government etc, its what Help them out was set up for, its a call for assistance to a bloke and his family in the crap, and thats what is happening. When he's in and squared away we'll write letters to Bon Jovi and Douglas Hurd.

As stated, I'm on the assistance bus, speaking with SSAFA RBL and Regtl assosiation and Norcross House all of which takes time, this guys time is almost out and homelessness simply isn't going to happen.

Any help, as per the normal is hugely and gratefully appreciated.

Sort: 40-02-00
    Acct: 22286017

Sort: 77-51-01
    Acct: 54713568

Both accts, C Lee.

For those people reading this who are new to the forums click these links

I will come up with figures needed over the next couple of hours.

We already have a head start with the Somme cash kindly raised and donated over the weekend. My gut feeling is around 1200 to get him in and secure in a house / flat thats big enough. Then I'll cross the 'Scrounging for furniture etc' bridge when we've got him a roof.

Dig deep folks, every pound helps.

Auction items to follow.
  2. bump and small payment made.
  3. Further to my last, am conscious that I didn't manage to thank people individually last time we fired up the begging bus. Apologies, its not because I'm an ignorant, ungrateful cnut. Just been a touch busy..... possibly a bit of a cnut too :D
  4. Further to my last last.

Have a look at this

BFG9000 (Scary internet Mofo) has put time and effort into making a discount site, with proceeds going into the pot for Helpthemout / Holidays4heroes.

Remember this when doing Christmas shopping etc.
  5. Incoming to Hooverbags.

A possible source of furniture and all sorts of stuff is Freecycle - stuff is of good quality and free. Might be worth a search if anyone is in this chaps locality.
  6. Going in at lunchtime
  7. There's a section on where people offer things for free, all sorts.....might be worth a look? You can also narrow it down by areas, which may help?
  8. Money going into the HSBC account on Monday. Good Luck. :wink:
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

MDN my usual monthly will be with you next week after payday.

Not trumpet-blowing but bumping, honest.
  10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Noted, and checking in for Bump-Duty. :wink:

I think the Slingsby Pin account has been emptied already, but I'll double check that shortly. Don't forget you can donate by buying a Slingsby Pin :wink:
  11. Post to Bump....

Cash inbound.

Sorry its not more
  12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Now then, now then ...

What have we said about apologising for the size of donations?

ALL help is appreciated, and if every viewer of this thread send the price of a round of drinks we'll have the case cracked by Saturday lunchtime.

Thanks for giving, instead of passing by on the other side. :wink:
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Come on folks. As the man says, this is the one case where size is not important!
  14. £35 inbound, & Bump.
  15. done and bump