Help them out, good cause again..... HELP!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Sep 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All too quickly the phone rings again.

Both myself and Dave ahve been briefed on the circumstances and have diluted them as suitably as I can to give you an idea.

Widow, two kids and solders parents...... not having the easiest time at the minute both financially and emotionally.

They would benefit massively from a week away.

They live in Belfast, so the ballache is a change over and therefore a more arkward and slightly more expensive flight situation. Despite those obstacles, there is no denying that the trip is both deserved and beneficial.

I've spoken with the unit to see if they might be able to sort the Belfast to UK leg and we'll sort the rest...... I know however they are a touch strapped due to them propping the family up until insurances etc pay out.

I reckon we need about 675-750...... dependent on when they go (probably school half term)

Usual drills

Sort: 77-51-01
    Acct: 54713568

Sort: 40-02-00
    Acct: 22286017
  2. I got a job! I am having a birthday!!

My beer token will be on route tomorrow, not pay day yet but I can cope seeing as it's my birthday and I got a tenner from a friend who ran out of ideas.

For all of you who slag off people who don't give, some of us have our own problems to deal with....
  3. I was going to have a bottle of wine tomorrow...

Looks like I can do without for once.
  4. Beer tokens on route.

It'll keep me sober at the airport!!

Good luck!
  5. Beer and Curry is off for tomorrow night, will send tokens ASAP.
  6. Sent to HSBC, even if he is a stinking bogtrotter.
  7. Were well short folks........

Are the wheels falling off?
  8. Sorry, you appear to have slipped into a killfile. If only.

9. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Not much, but all i can manage at the mo im afraid

on its way
  10. MDN, I'll send some cash tomorrow.....the amount unknown as yet. Will donate whatever I can spare.
  11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

No matter how many times we tell you good people not to apologise for the size of your donations, you still do it!!
    I have never apologised to a woman for the size of my donation.
    Every little bit helps. :lol: :lol:

Now, where are are we ...
    You all know we can't ever tell the full story, but a few coins in the pot will help.

And, you can donate by buying a Slingsby Pin, which achieves EXACTLY the same effect but additionally gives you something in return. No scam, no overheads ... the funds end up in exactly the same place ... and there are only about 50 Slingsby Pins left. Just thought I'd remind you of that. :wink:
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I shall buy the wine for this weekend from Tesco like a poor person. It shall be an adventure.

13. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I spoke to the families officer yesterday about this family and boy do they need this break :D Dig deep please
  14. Contribution sent.
  15. Hmmm. I'm beginning to think that something is amiss here. So many soldiers being killed and severely injured, one is coming to suspect that all's not well in the world. A stern letter to the editor of The Times is forthcoming, I would suggest.

And a few bob tomorrow.