Help them out, another

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Different one this time.

We've been offered a ten day plot in Los Angeles (Anaheim) for a family.

The owners will throw in accom, tickets to Disney, Knottsberry farm, Magic mountain, Universal studios etc.

Ive put the word out to several welfare officers, two have come back to me with families, one a widow with three kids and another, an ex member invalided out, but due to him being a young lad his hand out was a bit cack.

I relayed this info to the owner in LA and he's happy for them both to go out on seperate dates. One in a few weeks and one in December.

The first family (widow) the unit will cover flights, (thank fcuk) but there will be five in the party rather than four. I've told them that HTO will cover the fifth persons entry tickets, in order that the children, who's daddy didn't come home will get a decent trip. and a hire car, about

Cheapest I've got that down to is 285 (Which was a shock, but also made me realise how generous the donator was) I've also looked into a hire car, and will be around 180.....

Sitrep on second family to follow, still trying to find out if we can get some funding on the flights from unit / elsewhere. If not then we've got soem work to do..... details to follow.

Paypal: Hooverbags @ msn.com

Lloyds: C. Lee
    Sort code: 77-51-01
    Acct Number: 54713568

HSBC: C.Lee
    Sort Code: 40-02-00
    Acct number: 22286017

2. chris i've lurked for too long fiver en route

3. £20 inbound. Not much but who cares, it all helps.

4. Not sure if it will help but, according the Forces Discount website, family of serving members can get get entry to places like Disney, Universal studios etc. free of charge. It might be worth a try ringing them up and explaining the situation to the people at those places and seeing what they could do for you. Good luck, and a donation will be in your paypal by the end of the day :).

5. Good thinking batman....... I'll do it now.

6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Okey-Doodle ... game on, lt's rock and roll.

Bumpy-bumpy stuff and all that ... :lol:

@ MDN ... I hope that hire car was through the link we discussed in the Ops Room, with Dollar Rent-a-car?

7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

another week gone - so the usual paypal payment on the way

oh and there should be some money from the latest auctions as well ;)

and two more of them ending on monday :D

8. Paypal donation inbound

9. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

This may be a long shot, but would Virgin or BA be prepared to give discounted flights for situations like this. It may be worth looking into, as this is a charity they may set something up when flights are booked through Help them out.

I will donate when I get my arrse in gear.

10. blue-sophist

Posted on Rum Ration ...

11. blue-sophist

The snag with that is that we are not a formally constituted Charity ... and never will be, because going that route is an administrative nightmare.

This is an informal community group, which lacks the same sort of clout when dealing with Branson and Willie Walsh ...

12. I think we got £80 from Bara on the radio

I'd give more but Toppers will punch me in my lack of tits.

13. BA are tight fisted feckers. I run a small registered charity that builds orphanages in Kenya. I go out every year and have to pay upwards of £80 for an extra bag of childrens clothes etc. Every year I ask for a waiver and every year they feck me off from the high port as they already do a great deal for charity...

Mind you, they must get loads of requests from free loaders like me

14. 80 "members" on line.

A lot more secretly hiding.

A fiver each will sort this.

My Menu E and Flak Gun Thing are still up for sale.

15. Entry to theme parks all sorted!!

No charge, knock 285 off the target!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.