Help Them Out - 1 KIA Family, 1 WIA Family

Not open for further replies.
Sorry, folks ... the needs are still there and we have to ask you, yet again, for a bit of help with the latest case.

One young soldier was WIA, and his fiancee's brother was KIA in the same incident ... We want these 2 families to go to La Torre together.

We're going to have to pay something towards their accommodation at La Torre, as the property owner has already donated a massive amount of free slots and we need these 2 families to be side by side.

Spanish Dave is "out and about" today, doing his day job. Later on I hope he can fill in a few more details, including roughly how much we're looking for. It will, I suspect, be several hundreds ... :roll:

Don't forget that the funds raised from Slingsby's Pins go to this cause, so you can click on my signature block and help them out that way.

Or you can use PayPal from Sgt Slingsby's front page BY CLICKING HERE for either a "One Time" donation or to set up a regular monthly drip-feed.

Otherwise it's the usual payment details ...

Hooverbags @

C. Lee
Sort code: 77-51-01
Acct Number: 54713568

Sort Code: 40-02-00
Acct number: 22286017
£25 en route via Lloyds today.

Keep up the sterling work, I feel quite humble.
It`s gone through and will show up as Meridian`s CV, which is the reference from the last payment.

Hope this is OK.
This nearly fell off the bottom of the page!
rockape623 said:
This nearly fell off the bottom of the page!
My turn ... :lol:

Loads of views, but sadly a bit thin on "visible" donations at the moment.

Perhaps there's a rush on Slingsby Pins, and PayPal stuff?

Alternatively .... :(
Just bought a pin.... Best £25 I've spent this month!
This website makes me proud to have served in the British Army. Hope my little bit helps :D
Spanish_Dave said:
Hi all, we are looking for something in the region of £500, this will go towards helping two traumatised families relax and reflect
Thanks, Dave ... I hope I got the essence of the case correct after our quick chat this morning.

Not having access to MDN's accounts, it will be hard to identify endex on this one ... but I'd guess we'll be there by Friday, thanks to the good folks here.

I'll try and get Mr Pin to move some money across, but he's got his own crisis to manage at work ... I suspect he'll be working 15 hours a day this week 8O

Mothly dd set up for £10, not much but best i can do right now, ill make it a larger amount later if i can
syledis said:
Mothly dd set up for £10, not much but best i can do right now, ill make it a larger amount later if i can
Oh that's superb, and thank you so VERY much.

House Rule 1 ... NEVER apologise for the size of a donation :wink:

House Rule 2 ... all donations are welcomed, especially from new faces. :D

You may not yet have guaranteed your place in Heaven, but you have just done something seriously substantial to help the wounded, their families, and the families of the fallen, to have a bit of break and try and get their lives back in something resembling normality.

Accepting, of course, that Daddy may have "gone", or walks rather strangely have lost a bit or two.
has the money from smudge for the charity auction arrived?

guess mdn is on holiday since i haven't seen him lately
hope he's having a good time :)

as i will be gone for holiday next week i will dispatch the curry sauces on friday
I'll zip down to the bank and get something off to you asap.
MDN is "sort of on holiday", taking a couple of weeks to sort out his life instead of other peoples' ... and getting re-acquainted with Mrs MDN.

Donations various are herewith acknowledged, including the one from Rum Ration via PM ...
It's a PURPLE THING ....
Not open for further replies.