Help Them Out - 1 KIA Family, 1 WIA Family

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by blue-sophist, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Sorry, folks ... the needs are still there and we have to ask you, yet again, for a bit of help with the latest case.

One young soldier was WIA, and his fiancee's brother was KIA in the same incident ... We want these 2 families to go to La Torre together.

We're going to have to pay something towards their accommodation at La Torre, as the property owner has already donated a massive amount of free slots and we need these 2 families to be side by side.

Spanish Dave is "out and about" today, doing his day job. Later on I hope he can fill in a few more details, including roughly how much we're looking for. It will, I suspect, be several hundreds ... :roll:

Don't forget that the funds raised from Slingsby's Pins go to this cause, so you can click on my signature block and help them out that way.

Or you can use PayPal from Sgt Slingsby's front page BY CLICKING HERE for either a "One Time" donation or to set up a regular monthly drip-feed.

Otherwise it's the usual payment details ...

Hooverbags @

C. Lee
    Sort code: 77-51-01
    Acct Number: 54713568

Sort Code: 40-02-00
    Acct number: 22286017
  2. £25 en route via Lloyds today.

Keep up the sterling work, I feel quite humble.
  3. blue-sophist

It's Dave and MDN who do all the work ... i just witter on here endlessly asking you good folks for money :wink:

Thanks, Rock :thumright:
  4. It`s gone through and will show up as Meridian`s CV, which is the reference from the last payment.

Hope this is OK.
  5. Incoming for Sgt Slingsby
  6. blue-sophist

No problem ... and Meridian won't see a penny of it!!

And Cheers, Rab ... :wink:
  7. This nearly fell off the bottom of the page!
  8. blue-sophist

My turn ... :lol:

Loads of views, but sadly a bit thin on "visible" donations at the moment.

Perhaps there's a rush on Slingsby Pins, and PayPal stuff?

Alternatively .... :(
  9. Bump following the purchase of a couple of the noble bear's pins.
  10. blue-sophist

Archie, my dear Sir

11. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi all, we are looking for something in the region of £500, this will go towards helping two traumatised families relax and reflect
  12. Just bought a pin.... Best £25 I've spent this month!
  13. This website makes me proud to have served in the British Army. Hope my little bit helps :D
  14. blue-sophist

Thanks, Dave ... I hope I got the essence of the case correct after our quick chat this morning.

Not having access to MDN's accounts, it will be hard to identify endex on this one ... but I'd guess we'll be there by Friday, thanks to the good folks here.

I'll try and get Mr Pin to move some money across, but he's got his own crisis to manage at work ... I suspect he'll be working 15 hours a day this week 8O
  15. blue-sophist

Yes it most certainly does. :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.