help ,spastic keyboard

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by expat_71, Jul 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my keyboard has gone mad,x now turns on caps lock and the keys that do work do strange things.when i press p this happens [pf ]it then kicks me out of where i am,all the buttons are doing things they should not.just wasted 3 hours looking for a solution but no luck ,if it was not for the on screen keyboard i would be f##ked
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Buy a new one.
  3. Have you rebooted?
  4. Bang your head on it, that tends to work.
  5. msr

msr LE

Try a different one to see if it is your keyboard at fault.

6. Mine's developed a stutter,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,I,,,dddon''tt care,,,,cos II sttutttter anywwway
  7. thanks,it's a laptop,my nephew has been playing /banging and pushing lots of keys together,is there a way to default set the keyboard ,rebooting and restore did nothing.
  8. Presumably it is running "Windows". If that is the case go to "Control Panel", select System" then select "Hardware" and "Device Manager". A new "window will open: select "keyboard", click on "keyboard driver" then "uninstall". When you reboot computer will ask for "windows Disk" so it can reinstall the keyboard driver.

Hopefully this might cure your problem.
  9. 1/ Turn off your computer and unplug the offending keyboard

2/ Turn the offending keyboard upside down and thump it with the handle of a soft brush (to get the bits of toast etc out)

3/ Soak the soft brush in a solution of MILD detergent and give the keyboard a good scrub

4/ Wait for all to dry out

5/ carry on

If this fails then you can clean the whole thing in the kitchen sink (make sure it is properly dried out though).... or take it apart with a screwdriver and clean the bits individually (not recommended) or get a new one (recommended).
  10. UR,

Did you miss the post (#8) where he stated it is a laptop?

11. Ooops... Off to get new glasses ;-)
  12. Can you plug an external usb keyboard in? If that still gives the same problems then it would suggest a corrupted driver may be your problem.
  13. Mines unplugable ;)

14. Congratulations!! You've just won "worst ******* advice of the year award 2011"
    • Like Like x 1