Help Save Fenton498 War Memorial from Destruction

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Bad CO, Aug 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I've just had the following through by email. Now I'm not normally a great fan of e-petitions but I think this is a pretty reasonable request for something that should be extremely important to one community.

Link for those who wish to sign the petition

2. Currently showing this message.

Uh oh.
    The server is misbehaving.

You can try refreshing the page, and if you're still having problems, just try again later. We're doing our best to get things working smoothly!

I'll look later.

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. Done

5. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

Done. This proposal by MoJ is outrageous if it results in destruction or desecration of the memorial!!!

6. done

bumpity bump

7. diplomat

8. Fenton?

Fenton !

For Christ's sake .... FENTON !

• Like Like x 3
  9. diplomat

The Ministry of Justice say:

'it intends to include a condition in any sale of Fenton Town Hall that the war memorial be preserved'.

Notice it says NOTHING about continued free access to view or pay respects at the memorial!!

When the MOD sold the RM Barracks in Deal they made the same conditions about the RM Memorial Theatre. Funnily enough after the sale there was a mysterious fire and it burnt down. The developer was not prosecuted! So I think it is fair to say that government provisions on sales are worthless when it comes to redevelopment time!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Uh oh. You'll set him off again.

I'm sure that fine body of men and women in the Kent Constabulary did their best but the CPS* were having none of it.

*Couldn't Prosecute Satan