HELP RTC required

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by QManWpns, Jun 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. OK Ive just been in the RTF and my respirator checks out. However, I am informed I need my respirator checked and certified with a certificate at a test centre. Whats the point of the RTF if I also need this bit of paper work. Im in the south of England so where would the nearest one be. :eek:
  2. Do you mean those weird shower cubicle things where you have to spend 2 minutes nodding your head, then two dancing like a monkey, etc?

    If so, there's a couple at Chillwell.
  3. Err I have no idea what you are on about :? it just says I need a test certificate for my face welly.
  4. I got a certificate after being in one of those shower things. The other option would be to take it to the QM and get a resi that's been tested.
  5. The South of England is not that precise an area however, were you to ring 3DSR at Bulford, they should be able to help you out.
  6. Sorry my mistake, Tidworth to be precise. Great, Bulford is just up the road. :D
  7. The RTS (the tent thingy) is an annual test required of all personnel. It consists of 6 exercises and when achieved it valiidates the fit of the the respirator. A report should be printed and held by the unit in the individuals training records. The whole test takes about 20 minutes if all is well.
  8. Yep I concur just had mine done at AMSTC it took a bit longer than 20 minutes cos my valves needed replacing.But all sorted now with printout in hand.Very professional. :D