Help required, SFAs at York or Strensall

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GLESGA-NED, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just need to have a bit of info guys reference the pads quarters around 2 Sigs. I am thinking of a posting there and looking for pros and cons of these areas. Would appreciate the input, cheers.
  2. Cow

Cow LE

Not sure you get a choice, have you been offered one? Depends if you need a school for kids? Want to go on the piss in York?

Back of the Garrison is close for going home for lunch!
  3. Go for Strensall if you can....

The village school is one of the best in the area if you need a school for the kids.... plus the trg area is right next door and is great for the odd extra run....

And yes, you do get a choice, well I did anyway but then that was back in 98ish... Great posting, it was, shall we say job wise 'interesting' the area is well smart, night life in York good...
  4. No I've not been offered one yet Strensall seems good.

I'm not to arsed about the bevvy a local will do. I'd rather have a better pad. Are the quarters different in the two locations?

Cheers for the replies.
  5. Personally fella I'd go for the ones out the back of camp as opposed to the "Bronx." Depends on your rank... Alexandra road up in Strensall seem to get a good write up, but like I said, "the Bronx" ain't to pretty. PM me if you want...
  6. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Dont go for the ones in Broadway m8 as they are pretty poor compared to the rest.

It wont matter anyway as you will be on ops/ex/training all the time anyway. Enjoy
  7. :thumright: Glad to hear that you are doing some work geek!!! :numberone:

I used to live out the back of camp and they are spot on, town is 20 minutes walk and seven pints away (that is one in each pub on the way into town!!) But as the Geek says you need to ask either for Smith Close or Bray Rd as the rest are pretty pump! Hope this helps PM me for any more details.
  8. Cheers guys, thanks for the info.
  9. Bit of advice as I live in Strensall its pump takes between 20-25 mins in the morn to get into work, the houses are in poor condition and there is a lack of parking. Go for Bray Road thats if you can get in as all the Gurkhas get housed in Fulford.
  10. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

If you definatley want Fulford tell them that you do not or have lost your driving license and so has your wife or dont have a car. It may swing it in your favour.