Help required re medion computer

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Bugly, Feb 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a bit of a biff when it comes to computers. I'm looking at buy a medion computer (specs below) and I don't understand this:

It says it has windows 7 32 bit and 4gb of ram. I thought that windows 7 32 bit could only have a max of 3gb ram whats the score on this please.

Thanks in advance

* CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-650 processor

Operating system: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-bit (OEM Version)
    * Clock Frequency: 3.2 Ghz
    * Memory Type: DDR3 1333 MHz
    * Memory size: 4 GB
    * Hard disk capacity: 500 GB
    * CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-650 processor

MEDIONshop UK: MEDION® AKOYA® E4217 D (MD7330)

2. Cow

Cow LE

3. Any particular reason you are going for a Meridion PC?

How about something like:

Eruption X4 Gaming PC - Aria PC

Its currently on special down to £430 from £450 but doesn't have an Operating System, however you can buy Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit for £75 making it almost the same prices as the Meridian.
    I have used these guys alot and found them very good. That system is considerably better (in my opinion) than the meridian machine. It has named brand components so you know what you are getting (I would suggest the meridion is probably using budget components). Is far superior on the graphics front (don't know what you are going to be using it for, so may not be an issue). The 64 bit OS and brand name parts will give you greater longevity if you ask me, better future expansion options aswell.