Help required: 1KOSB Palestine 1947

might be my suspicious mind but it all seems a bit vague to me, I might be tempted to help(if I can)if the why's and whatfor's were made clear.

Thank you so much. I havnt got a lot to go on just on the letter which is dated October 47. At the top it says 1K.O.S.B. British Forces in Palestine. There is I think his number followed by Pte Godfrey Lockwood.

Hi I'm sorry I don't have a lot to go on. Here's what I know. Thank you so much. I havnt got a lot to go on just on the letter which is dated October 47. At the top it says 1K.O.S.B. British Forces in Palestine. There is I think his number followed by Pte Godfrey Lockwood.

Thank you so much. I havnt got a lot to go on just on the letter which is dated October 47. At the top it says 1K.O.S.B. British Forces in Palestine. There is I think his number followed by Pte Godfrey Lockwood. I just don't know where to start.

I'm sorry I don't. Ive been told there is other letters which he wrote but I haven't been given them. I'm hoping there is some more information in them. I don't know if he died or survive. If he still alive or not. I really would like to know. Thanks

It's my grandad but my Mam passed away not knowing that he had been trying to get in touch with her years ago. I've been given a couple of letter that how I know the bits I've shared on here.

If you are the next of kin (NOK) you can apply for his service records (SRs) - it's a simple form but the records can take a while - months sometimes - to come through.

Once you have his particular unit/formation, dates and locations, you can get one of many archivists to photocopy the Unit Diary from The National Archives (TNA). Some are members of this forum and also the www.ww2talk.com forum (regardless of it being post WW2).

If he was awarded any medals that he did not claim I believe NOKs can request them if they were unissued originally.

Latest Threads