Help Requested

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Bad CO, Apr 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Bad CO

    Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

    I've received an email from a lady with a question wrt military provision of au pairs for single soldiers with kids:

    I've no experience with this sort of thing but am sure that there are ARRSE users out there who have been in a similar position. All responses gratefully received.

    P.S I've already said that this individual needs to go to see the Unit Welfare Officer asap!
  2. We have had to look into this in the past so I'll send some links.

    First of all while he is looking for a Nanny/Au Pair and to keep work off his back is there anyway he could get Familial support, i.e his mother an Aunt or someone who is related to the children who may be able to help out by moving in at the end of his months warning (disgusting behaviour)? I see 1SG are in Munster. Has he contacted AWS direct? He is perfectly entitled to do so!

    Secondly register on as many sites as possible.

    are but two I found to be quite good.
  3. I would add to the list of potentially helpful agencies the local branch of Homestart. Each garrison in Germany also has a Garrison Welfare Officer who should be able to advise.