Help requested to identify blue dress cap

Trilby

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
[Solved thanks to the power of ARRSE]

I'm hoping for help in identifying this cap. From the construction I believe it is around mid-20th century, British, and military but I am struggling with a better identification. It looks like a No.1 [or No.2?] dress cap but is hard to find a cap which is navy blue but piped red around the top of the band only;
20210923_214349.jpg
I have done some searching on google but am coming up a blank as all the examples I have found so far also have red piping around the crown. Thanks in advance for any help. Trilby
20210923_213251.jpg

Last edited:
LOondon Transport, ..... Might even have been WD Alexanders and sons (grumpy old Jock gits will understand)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Could be any number of civvy or military organisations:

Fire Brigade
Ambulance Service
Bus conductor
Salvation Army
Traffic Warden
Various Police forces

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
London Fire Brigade wear something very similar.

7D9DC2A9-7288-406D-81D9-0986E51BFE2A.jpeg

It doesn't look military (at least it doesnt look army) I don't think I have ever seen a mil no2 dress type hat with a chin strap over the peak binding(?)

Trilby

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Could be any number of civvy or military organisations:

Fire Brigade
Ambulance Service
Bus conductor
Salvation Army
Traffic Warden
Various Police forces
Thanks both - I suspect that there probably isn't a definitive answer in the absence of a badge but the London Fire Brigade definitely looks like a possibility (thanks, Ravers) and I think also the Salvation Army - the details are not exactly the same but I have found two caps which both have the distinctive red piping about the top of the band. This has saved me a lot of fruitless searching based on my wrong starting assumption, so thank you very much.

Latest Threads