Help raise money for a film about PTSD

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by scazza, Aug 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone. I'm trying to raise a bit of money for a short film and documentary to be shot this year. If we manage to shoot the film we've been offered several screening events up and down the Country which will be covered by the media and celebs who have pledged to help. We will sell tickets and bring in other donations at the screenings. We just need some funding to get the film shot. We've had loads of people volunteer to help us make the film. Actors, Agents, Celebs, Film Companies.... but we just need a bit of doe to pay the crew. Please go to Advance to Contact -- IndieGoGo and have a read about the film and if you can donate a couple of quid that'd be amazin. Any other ideas you can think of to help please post here.

2. Have you approached charities like Combat Stress, SSAFA and The RBL? They might be able to help, or point you in the right direction.

3. Hi crow-bag. Yep I developed the project with Combat Stress UK. Spent time at Audely Court and spoke to all the charities. None of the charities give money out unless it directly benefits ex-service people, but they did all they could to help. Now I just need a bit (not a lot) of cash from the masses to get it shot. Even a quid here and there adds up.

4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I know some of the people at CS, and they have been approached by lots of film / documentry type,s so are you saying your film would not directly benefit serving or ex serving personnel. if so why would ex service types put money into it?

5. Because the money initially would go into making the film, not directly to servicemen and women. They have strict policies on this. We will raise money and awareness once the film is made, so they see it as a secondary outcome, even though the scope for raising money this way is far reaching it doesn't fit into their policies, with is fair enough.

I've even had newspaper stories done on the film and several celebs have said they will come to the screenings but the charity cannot operate outside their policies.

6. It will benefit them massively if we get to shoot the film. Like all charity, you need a product, even if its a sponsored run, a raffle, or whatever... film is the most popular product in the world (yes more than football) (only just) so if we do make it, it will bring in money, and definitely awareness. have a gander at Advance to Contact -- IndieGoGo

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Scazza,

I think you should post a letter of support for the project from at least one of the major service charities. Having seen quite a few service charity scams, people are cynical on here. Also you are competing with plenty of other well proven means of helping out so as a newcomer you need to do that bit extra to get some of the money flowing your way. I hope that helps.