HELP!! Queens Birthday Parade

Discussion in 'Officers' started by FFAGrimReaper, Apr 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

I am in grave need of the wisedom of ARRSE.

I'm a CCF officer and so I have significantly limmited options. On top of this I've gotten a ticket for the Queen's Birthday Parade this year. Having been to beating retreat before I know there's a dress code for Military people. So I assume it is at least 2's for this occasion.

Anyhow, having been commissioned with the CCF this January I'm somewaht new to the game (I was a cadet for several years though, hence the basic lingo).

I currently possess so OR 2's and nothing else remotely like dress uniform.

WHAT DO I DO?!

I'm looking at incurring massive cost if I go the fleabay route of getting the uniform at accoutriments etc. andI have the huge problem of not having a QM store to go to beg to.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GrimReaper

2. A suit?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Am I allowed? doesn't it say something about wearing uniform? I'd much prefer the suit option however!

so would my wallet :D

Thanks for the quick reply.

GrimReaper

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Yes - second that. A suit will be fine. No-one expects you to cripple yourself financially for the sake of sartorial elegance for what is for you a v infrequent event.

5. what cap badge are you? you can hire no 1 out very cheap

6. I woudn't go down the uniform route, stick to a good suit and clean shiny shoes, no white socks and go lightly on the gel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ...... or Prince Edward will have a crack at you. :D

8. You're not a 'Military person' though, are you? So, I shouldn't worry - as the nice man says, a suit will do. Choice of socks is up to you. :roll:

9. Black socks all the way gents.

Thanks for the replies very helpful indeed.

Just for your interest i'm RSigs badged.

Grim

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I see. No military background then. Suit will be fine :mrgreen:

11. *Does not rise to the challenge...*

12. That's sound advice from a sartorially elegant bloke - and here's a photo of Norman just before he was last introduced to HMTQ....

[​IMG]

Sophisticated and debonair bloke!!

13. What challenge would that be then young spunker?

14. why am I being a mong? If so, ignore the challenge thing... I'm clearly getting confussed :S

anyway thanks for the help guys. I knew Arrse users would come through in good time.

Grim

15. DNA.