HELP!! Queens Birthday Parade

Hello all.

I am in grave need of the wisedom of ARRSE.

I'm a CCF officer and so I have significantly limmited options. On top of this I've gotten a ticket for the Queen's Birthday Parade this year. Having been to beating retreat before I know there's a dress code for Military people. So I assume it is at least 2's for this occasion.

Anyhow, having been commissioned with the CCF this January I'm somewaht new to the game (I was a cadet for several years though, hence the basic lingo).

I currently possess so OR 2's and nothing else remotely like dress uniform.

WHAT DO I DO?!

I'm looking at incurring massive cost if I go the fleabay route of getting the uniform at accoutriments etc. andI have the huge problem of not having a QM store to go to beg to.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GrimReaper
 
A suit?
 
Am I allowed? doesn't it say something about wearing uniform? I'd much prefer the suit option however!

so would my wallet :D

Thanks for the quick reply.

GrimReaper
 
Yes - second that. A suit will be fine. No-one expects you to cripple yourself financially for the sake of sartorial elegance for what is for you a v infrequent event.
 
pimpernel said:
onlydoingthreeyears said:
what cap badge are you? you can hire no 1 out very cheap

I woudn't go down the uniform route, stick to a good suit and clean shiny shoes, no white socks and go lightly on the gel...........

...... or Prince Edward will have a crack at you. :D
 
FFAGrimReaper said:
I know there's a dress code for Military people.

You're not a 'Military person' though, are you? So, I shouldn't worry - as the nice man says, a suit will do. Choice of socks is up to you. :roll:
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
FFAGrimReaper said:
Black socks all the way gents.

Thanks for the replies very helpful indeed.

Just for your interest i'm RSigs badged.
Grim

I see. No military background then. Suit will be fine :mrgreen:
 
Storeman Norman said:
FFAGrimReaper said:
I know there's a dress code for Military people.

You're not a 'Military person' though, are you? So, I shouldn't worry - as the nice man says, a suit will do. Choice of socks is up to you. :roll:

That's sound advice from a sartorially elegant bloke - and here's a photo of Norman just before he was last introduced to HMTQ....

angry-hobo.jpg


Sophisticated and debonair bloke!!
 
why am I being a mong? If so, ignore the challenge thing... I'm clearly getting confussed :S

anyway thanks for the help guys. I knew Arrse users would come through in good time.

Grim
 

ADUX

War Hero
tattybadger said:
Storeman Norman said:
FFAGrimReaper said:
I know there's a dress code for Military people.

You're not a 'Military person' though, are you? So, I shouldn't worry - as the nice man says, a suit will do. Choice of socks is up to you. :roll:

That's sound advice from a sartorially elegant bloke - and here's a photo of Norman just before he was last introduced to HMTQ....

angry-hobo.jpg


Sophisticated and debonair bloke!!

Or a snotty tw@t :D :D :D
 
ADUX said:
tattybadger said:
Storeman Norman said:
FFAGrimReaper said:
I know there's a dress code for Military people.

You're not a 'Military person' though, are you? So, I shouldn't worry - as the nice man says, a suit will do. Choice of socks is up to you. :roll:

That's sound advice from a sartorially elegant bloke - and here's a photo of Norman just before he was last introduced to HMTQ....

Sophisticated and debonair bloke!!

Or a snotty tw@t :D :D :D

From most people I can take an insult or two...but a loggie rupert? :evil:
 
tattybadger said:
Storeman Norman said:
From most people I can take an insult or two...but a loggie rupert? :evil:

Do you mean he's a hermer?

Well, let's put it this way, he is a worshipper of the veiny treat and he does know all the words to 'YMCA'.
 

Latest Threads

Top