Help Posh hotels/restaurants in the Swindon area

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spad, Aug 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. yeah i know i wrote posh and swindon in the same sentance!!

Any one any idea's. (This isn’t the naffi before some of the usual post)

Taking a girl out after her spa day (the retreat SN3 4NS) before I disappear for sand based fun,

Hoping to get with her on my return if things work out and making sure I put in the ground work now,

any help would be great full

cheers

2. Spad, I recently took the better half to the Tortworth Court four pillars hotel which is about 40minutes from swindon, Booked on late rooms and got a bargain, The brownie bag is full of points and we had a fantastic weekend to boot, see tortworth-court-hotel.four-pillars.co.uk/ good luck

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

4. cheers for the replys both look the ticket!!

any other surgestions out there?

5. If you are prepared to go that far then go to The Feathers (Feathers Hotel in Woodstock ) at Woodstock. Blenheim Palace on the doorstep, character and very impressive. I stayed in the suite a couple of years ago as well - fantastic.

6. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

Half decent and that side of town is the South Marston Country club

South Marston Hotel Swindon - formerly The Nightingale Hotel | Home

For a bit more money you have the Blunsdon Arms and Cricklade Country club

Home | Swindon Hotels | Hotel Swindon | Hotels in Swindon | 4 Star Hotel Swindon or Swindon Hotels | Hotel in Wiltshire | Hotel Conference Venues UK - Cricklade Hotel & Country Club

Castle Combe and Totworth Court both already mentioned are both really nice but I wouldn't touch the Royal Oak at Bishopstone with a barge pole as it is a pub that does organic food and the beer is arkells which is also known as dishwater.

All depends if you want something olde worlde or modern and flash really, not to mention what your budget is.

7. Got to be worth it if the sex is up to scratch. If it ain't do a runner and leave her with the bill.
    Happy days!

8. cheers for the suggestions!!
    just ploughing through them now, and hopfully her later as well :)

she definatlly worth it otherwise I wouldnt bother with the ground work now in the hope she still interested in 6 months time,

cheers for the help and keep any more ideas coming

my budget ideal is under £200 for the night but can strech if needed,
    but as i said this is ground work for when i return, so i wont be doing a mortgage for her yet.

what she surgestted is a nice BnB with a pub attached, so im thinking old and log fire (not in summer I know)
    some where for a nice quite meal to chill with her after her treatment and then a really nice room to ...... well you get the picture

9. For a bit more money you have the Blunsdon Arms and Cricklade Country club

Home | Swindon Hotels | Hotel Swindon | Hotels in Swindon | 4 Star Hotel Swindon or Swindon Hotels | Hotel in Wiltshire | Hotel Conference Venues UK - Cricklade Hotel & Country Club

Gets my vote. Enjoyed a week there on business recently.