help please

I was seeking some help, i won my entitlement appeal 4 weeks ago for ptsd, tribunial has just sent norcross the paper work, just wondering wat happens next i have fought this for 19 months to now, also what sort of percentage should i look to be getting

E

EScotia

Veterans uk (spva) have about 6 weeks to decide if they wish to appeal against the tribunals finding and they should write and inform you of their decision at that time. If they decide not to appeal they will then set an award and inform you what it is and backdate it to the date they received your claim.

Table 3 shows the tariff range for mental disorders. Table 10 shows the tariff amounts although I think it may be out of date but it should give you some idea.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/517/schedule/3/made

Shocked to know that they could appeal the tribunials decision that went in my favour, just seems that they do everything possible to delay things, i just want it over and done with tbh

E

EScotia

Don't forget the tribunal is independent of both parties so it is only fair for both to have the right of appeal if they strongly disagree with the ruling.

Veterans UK, for all the slagging they get (from me as well as others), generally do a decent job, War Pensions being better at it than AFCS, and they don't deliberately bugger individuals about although it can seem that way at times. The legislation governs what they do and how they have to do it, it's just sometimes their view or interpretation is different to ours and that's why there's a method of mediation in place.

The award is backdated to the date you made the claim so you won't lose out.

Thanks for the replys, hopefully its near the end of the road, i just hope they give me a fair assesment , i have heard a wide range of reports of what percentage people get ie a lump sum, 20% right up to 70%, also when i recieve the pension how will it effect my esa that i am currently on

Latest Threads