Help please! :(

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by xProspekt, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys I'm new to this forum. Anyway..

I applied for the army a couple of months back and I'm up to my medical forms, got a phone call today saying i have been deferred for 2 years! I am absolutely gutted! The ACO said I can appeal which I definitely am.

The reason I know ive been deferred is because back in March I went to see my doctor about something and I got told i had stress and anxiety. The reason for it was because I was coming up to my exams and also I hated college. I had done for a while and wanted out big time.

So yeah, I haven't suffered from stress or anxiety ever before and this was only for a week or so whilst I went through the process of leaving college. I didn't need any treatment, just sleep and exercise, and never returned for the problem.

The main reason I'm posting this is because i want to know if you think my appeal will be successful.

Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks. :(

2. Can no1 help me out?
  3. Try and find out, and if unsuccessfull try again then again till you get accepted.
  4. What about the TA? Is their recruiting on hold too? If not it would give you a good idea of what to expect, it would demonstrate to the recruiters that you're serious about serving, and it would give you some confidence.
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Try posting in the correct forum you mong. If you can't even get that right..
  6. msr

msr LE

Same medical standards, so you would have to wait for 2 years for them too.
  7. Just bear in mind that if you think that was stressful, you ain't seen nothing yet. And if you get in there will be plenty of times when you "want out big time"!

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.
  8. gotta agree with this! most of this job is all about not breaking under huge levels of stress. anyone who has served will have seen the difference between someone who handles it well and someone who crumbles
    take it on the chin, go get yourself in some stress filled situations eg rock climbing and learn how to manage it!

apply again in a couple years when you will be hungrier and more mature