help please my sad saga.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Invite them round to give them a cheque for monies owed.
During afternoon tea, poison them with weedkiller.
After all you are weeding them out of the will, your defence is insanity/not breast fed etc.
Probably get Broadmoor for a few years, nice lady nurses their.

I only got 18 months at Broadmoor but my asbo says can't talk about it.
Not allowed to make tea now & I make a killer brew.
And you just need a wood chipper from the local hire store and a friend who keeps pigs and wants some extra food for them.

Troy

LE
So all in all we each come out smiling. I shall not be paying the £1k tax let the executor and the brief fight it out .
you could always just put the £1,000 aside for a while just in case you are somehow compelled to pay the tax. Perhaps in premium bonds. Then at least you'll have it to spend later.

After interrogating my mum's will my sister ,who knew nothing about it , was the sole executor and signed the will seemed to be at the heart of me getting zero.

If she has signed the will as a witness she cannot be a beneficiary. The will remains valid, but any benefit to her in it is distributed to the other beneficiaries.

Chinggis

War Hero
You say the trustees, but did you actually mean the executors? It might seem like nit-picking but it does make a difference to what their liabilities are.

From what you've described it sounds like they are executors. An executor's first duty is to pay any debts or other liabilities on the estate, then distribute any remaining assets as far as possible in accordance with the bequests in the will. Therefore the first thing that they should have done is pay any tax that was due on the estate. If they paid an incorrect amount then they are jointly and severally liable for paying the difference.

Beneficiaries of the will have no liability to pay any part of the debts in the estate (unless they are also an executor, in which case the liability arises from their role as executor not from being a beneficiary).

The executors may have a claim against the solicitor who allegedly miscalculated the tax on the estate but you don't need to get involved in that. Not your circus, not your monkeys. The executors have have no claim against you. As a beneficiary have no liability at all to pay any part of the tax on the estate.

Last edited:

RTU'd

LE
And you just need a wood chipper from the local hire store and a friend who keeps pigs and wants some extra food for them.
Yes, or the way a bloke in Norway did it.
Put wife in freezer, put her through wood chipper just before pond froze over for winter.
Fish had a nice meal, by time next spring came round no dna left, chipper doused in fuel to get clean.

By the way were you the curry killer on C ward?

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, or the way a bloke in Norway did it.
Put wife in freezer, put her through wood chipper just before pond froze over for winter.
Fish had a nice meal, by time next spring came round no dna left, chipper doused in fuel to get clean.

By the way were you the curry killer on C ward?
Nah just have a twisted mind but not within the meaning of the Act.

Hi Troops I will ask for help at the end of getting this off my chest .

My mum and dad always blamed ME for the fact that they had to get married and treated me differently to my siblings, this lead me to have low esteem and other mental issues ( ie manic depression more depressed than manic) .

Any way I left home at 16 and made my way in life via the Corps of Royal Engineers. My 13 brother signed all the forms to get me enlisted (1970) . Once I was demobbed I cam back to London for a little while before moving to Peterborough for ten years . During this time I didint see my family a lot , their choice .

Move on 30 odd years and both parents died and I moved back to London , when my mum went she left a will I was not a beneficiary both the siblings were to split the estate 50/ 50 not one penny came to me , which is what I expected frankly .

Last year my mums brothers wife died of Covid , and last week I received a cheque as a beneficiary, for some reason it was less than a third of the amount which my siblings received. Why my Aunt cut me down I dont know , unless my mother and my sister had a hand in it .

Now for the question, i feel hard done by but not enough to chuck myself under a buss or anything.
Saturday I got a notice from the trusties , my cousins, telling me that the Solicitors underpaid the taxes on the will and I need to send them a grand from my small bequest .

Do I have to legaly ??
Any tax due is the legal responsibility of the Executors.

Sounds like they've duffed it.

I would write to the tax office and ask them. They must have seen this before, and it is cheaper than going to a lawyer who might be the other lawyer's friend. I would only mention the tax issue, though.
You are not alone in being the victim of family shenanigans. Hope you can sort it out soon.
They won't tell him

Latest Threads