Help please!!Media affects us? yes or no?

I am looking into the affects of the media on the british army and if the media makes it harder for us to operate in conflict area? your input opinion and personal experiences would be much apreciated.

Let me be the first to welcome you, others will be along shortly to accuse you of being a "journo" good evening....

Journo?

Just look at the farce over Harry going to Iraq. If he'd gone and done the tour with the press keeping it's gob shut, then printed the stories afterwards, that would have been fine. Instead they put paper sales in front of opsec and persec, made the guy look even more of a clown than he already is, and made the MOD look even more indecisive than it already is. Lots of cash for the papers, annoyance for everybody else.

petergriffen said:
Let me be the first to welcome you, others will be along shortly to accuse you of being a "journo" good evening....
Damn, you beat me to it! :wink:

Jamielee_8888 said:
I am looking into the affects of the media on the british army and if the media makes it harder for us to operate in conflict area? your input opinion and personal experiences would be much apreciated.
Us? So you are a serving member then?

Edited for mongness :oops:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
No, the media doesn't make it harder for British forces to do their work, especially not in Iraq after the scum printed fake pictures of prisoner abuse. It didn't make it harder at all, and the subsequent uprising didn't kill anyone either.

E

EScotia

Jamielee_8888, if you can get on arrse you can spread your wings & do a proper search on t'internet. Oh, & try posting in something like english & not text speak or you'll be flamed for that n'all!

Best of luck on your course & hope you didn't have to bend down too far to pick up your tape :D

Jamielee_8888 said:
What are your conclusions so far?

Jamielee_8888 said:
not getting much respoce to be honest, too many people interested in being witty ad taking the urine, all i wanted was an honest ansewer and an opinion
Might be something to do with you popping up as a new user, therefore, we have no idea of how you tick - my question still stands - What are your conclusions from the research that you have done asside from posting on ARRSE? Or, is this it so far?

Might as well get the party line, so speak to MOD Press Office, there are a couple of people there with quite strong feelings on this area!

Whilst agreeing with Biped's comment, regarding the impact of the Sun's story, I think that Biped would agree that there have been some very good media articles "in support" of operations. Read Audrey Gillan's stuff on Guardian Unlimited for starters.

oldbaldy

LE
Jamielee_8888 said:
why what happed then? iv onli bin in 2 years and i dont realy know much on this
Again in English please.