Help please!!Media affects us? yes or no?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jamielee_8888, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking into the affects of the media on the british army and if the media makes it harder for us to operate in conflict area? your input opinion and personal experiences would be much apreciated.

2. Let me be the first to welcome you, others will be along shortly to accuse you of being a "journo" good evening....

3. Journo?

Just look at the farce over Harry going to Iraq. If he'd gone and done the tour with the press keeping it's gob shut, then printed the stories afterwards, that would have been fine. Instead they put paper sales in front of opsec and persec, made the guy look even more of a clown than he already is, and made the MOD look even more indecisive than it already is. Lots of cash for the papers, annoyance for everybody else.

4. lol this isnt journalism its for my jclm presentation

5. Damn, you beat me to it! :wink:

6. Us? So you are a serving member then?

Edited for mongness :oops:

7. the media is fair and balanced in my mind, but i am not normal WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. yes im a crafty in the reme waitin to pik up me first tape, gota do this presention so thought id get a poll opinion

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

No, the media doesn't make it harder for British forces to do their work, especially not in Iraq after the scum printed fake pictures of prisoner abuse. It didn't make it harder at all, and the subsequent uprising didn't kill anyone either.

10. Jamielee_8888, if you can get on arrse you can spread your wings & do a proper search on t'internet. Oh, & try posting in something like english & not text speak or you'll be flamed for that n'all!

Best of luck on your course & hope you didn't have to bend down too far to pick up your tape :D

11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

12. What are your conclusions so far?

13. How far do you want to go back with your research? Thoughts of the BBC in the Falklands spring to mind.

14. not getting much respoce to be honest, too many people interested in being witty ad taking the piss, all i wanted was an honest ansewer and an opinion

15. why what happed then? iv onli bin in 2 years and i dont realy know much on this