Help please - information on US Postal Service to Iraq

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Jailorinummqasr, Jan 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To the US readers,

My wife has asked whether there is a free postal/parcel service from US Mil Bases in UK to US bases in Iraq. Her cousin has just deployed and she would like to keep in contact with him and possibly send a small parcel for his birthday. Her Aunt advised that their she can't send post for free. Could anyone claify

a. Whether she can send letters and/or parcels via a USPS office in the UK (Mildenhall) to Iraq. (Free or at what cost and if so are ther any restrictions, e.g. items not to send, weight limits etc)
    b. Is there an e-bluey facility for US Serviceman.
    c. Is there a website either DoD or USPS which I can direct her to for more information.

Many Thanks

Jailor

2. Dogface,

Many thanks for your assistance.

Jailor

3. Blueys (Blueies?) are free telegrams that can be sent to British servicemen. E-blueys, I assume, would be emails that you can send to a HQ address, they can get printed out at the far end, and delivered to the troop.

NTM

4. Would be the equvilent of MARS in my days...pre-internet, I'm guessing. But would probably still fall under that criteria today, again guessing :D

5. If your wifes relative is a US Marine, they use the same e-bluey system from superletter.com - theirs is called Motomail