HELP.. Payslip Basic Pay : 31 days unpaid due to absence.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Airscape, Dec 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the British Army last year, since ive been gone ive never actually got into contact with my battalion, bt i never recieved a P45 or discharge papers. Ive never bothered about this until now and i've checked on the Armynet site, and this is how my payslip looks

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11734598wc8.png

Its been 18 months since i came out, but im not sure because i can't be AWOL because i have been arrested since and nothing came about it. Now i did come out slightly early than i was meant to, i had admitted to something so i could leave because i was going through a hard time at the moment, i was told i would never get out but i signed some paper work that was being sent to Glasgow for a decision on which later i was told that, it would be it and i was out. So i left... but im not sure atall what this all means...

2. At the risk of sounding far too sensible, contact your battalion.

3. Might I suggest you re-write your post a little more legibly?
    You might get a decent answer.

4. Let's get this straight:

1. You went AWOL
    2. You were picked up by the old bill but weren't RTUed.
    3. You've signed discharge papers but not heard anything since.

Yet, you still want to be paid?

Funnily enough I've never worked at Butlin's Brks. Get a grip.

5. No, what im wondering is, is what would be my current status, seeing as i never got returned to unit? And if i was classed as awol or whatever is the problem here, what would happen to me? Would my original dìscharge been halted and upon returning would carry on, or would i get told to soldier on because the decision from glasgow might of been a rejection. I just want get a basic idea on everything because to be honest i do not know

6. Get in touch and find out, it will catch up with you in the end. Grow a pair and be a man.

7. Errm. Sounds like you don't even know wether you are discharged or AWOL :donut:

8. When I am doing my monthly pay statement check (yes some units still do 100%) and I come across a case like yours, 99% of the time it is because the soldier is AWOL.

I would contact your unit or nearest AFCO/ACIO.

9. so you're AWOL you dopey cunt? like you don't know.

10. I am tempted to post but my anti-WAH device just beeped twice...

11. Exactly, it might sound dousile, but i'd rather understand the problem before i go straight into it. The thing is ive signed on, ive used my passport when flying abroad, ive done everything to say the discharge went through, but this on the payslips and that i never recieved a p45.

12. Phone the RMP and outline your situation. If you can prove who you are they may be able to help and tell you straight away if you are AWOL.

Regt Number, DOB and a few other details should be enough for you to confirm you are who you say you are.

You can then take the appropriate action (i.e. hand yourself in at local police station/Army unit) and get everything sorted out.