Help on pension advise needed for single child

Hi my father was received an army pension I am his only child he never married nor was married to my mother my question is I'm I entitled to the pension as he has now passed I'm not sure what to do or how to go about it he said he always wanted it to go to me to put away from his grandchildren I'm just confused as my grandmother is currently trying to steal pension help please?

You might try calling the JPAC Enquiry Centre, open Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm on 0800 085 3600.

Please have his service and national insurance numbers.

His pension is payable only to him and if he was on AFPS 75, half would go to a widow.

It doesn't transfer to anyone else.

Back in 2006 a cornel was at the house and he said I was entitled to it when he passed and wrote down my details on next of kin form he gets a special pension he never even served the 20 years he served somthing like 12

His pension is payable only to him and if he was on AFPS 75, half would go to a widow.

It doesn't transfer to anyone else.
I'm sure the OP would prefer to hear that from Glasgow than from one of us. Though I do think youre probably right.

He ended up with post traumatic stress syndrome and was an alcoholic in his last tour he badly damaged his hands with a brutal assault so I don't think he gets a normal pension it's really confusing

I'm sure the OP would prefer to hear that from Glasgow than from one of us. Though I do think youre probably right.

I know I'm right, I've been in receipt of mine for 5 years and the AFPS 75 booklet is quite specific.

Here's a PDF anyhoo.

Attachments

• MMP106_Web_Accessible_Version_pension_scheme_explained.pdf
    264.1 KB · Views: 47
He ended up with post traumatic stress syndrome and was an alcoholic in his last tour he badly damaged his hands with a brutal assault so I don't think he gets a normal pension it's really confusing

You need to look up the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. It's the same sketch as far as I know in so far as it's not continued after death.

I'm his only child and he has no widow si according to that I'm entitled am I not I'm only 19 he has a special pension he he served under the time stated and I was born whilst he was in the army

He was only 46 he has had his pension almost my entire my life so Im not site if he receives a Diffrent one from what I have seen the lady told my mother I was entitled to it but my grandmother said I'm not and she's not telling them about his death

Hi my father was received an army pension I am his only child he never married nor was married to my mother my question is I'm I entitled to the pension as he has now passed I'm not sure what to do or how to go about it he said he always wanted it to go to me to put away from his grandchildren I'm just confused as my grandmother is currently trying to steal pension help please?

AFPS 75 eligibility rules require the parents of the child to be married before the scheme member leaves the Service. The only exception is for an unborn child, I am afraid.

I am sorry to give you disappointing news.

Latest Threads