Help on naming this part

Away to feck with youse all. It's an Irish Army "Dat Feckin' Yoke which sits on toppada other feckin' yoke'. Mark VIB.

My final guess is that it isn't any one thing. A Station Workshop will have all sorts of weird and wonderful 3rd line spare parts and tools so this is a handful of different bits and bobs threaded together to look pretty. A Brigadier shouldn't know enough about what's going on in his workshop to recognise specific stuff - if he's been wandering the shop floor looking at and (worse: the horror) touching things then the ASM hasn't been doing his job properly!
So the thing he's allowed to touch, safe in the knowledge that it doesn't do anything and is made out of obsolete bits.

Given it was produced for a brigadier, is one of the components a starred item?

I haven't gone through the complete thread, but that looks exactly like the pennant holder for car bonnet,
when I drove the brigs zephyr I had to put that on the bonnet and uncover the plate with one star on it. it was a strong magnet and it unscrewed apart to allow the little flag to slide on.

It is in fact a relativity cadenser, I had one for years until the council found out about it and took it away, apparently I needed planning permission in order to keep it on my lawn.

My final guess is that it isn't any one thing. A Station Workshop will have all sorts of weird and wonderful 3rd line spare parts and tools so this is a handful of different bits and bobs threaded together to look pretty. A Brigadier shouldn't know enough about what's going on in his workshop to recognise specific stuff - if he's been wandering the shop floor looking at and (worse: the horror) touching things then the ASM hasn't been doing his job properly!
I enquired of my learned REME pal, and he was of a similar thought - it is probably a modification or a calamitous defect in which the Brigadier was involved.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ugly

LE
I thought it was the ratch catch catcher release catch cam. Ah happy days of instructing 30mm gun drills!
It could be, I suffer from memories of rammer rash.