Help on a work placement Domestic Gas Engineer!!!

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by despatcher97, May 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am about to do my Domestic gas course in July and looking for a work placement in the west Yorkshire area. Once i have passed the course and fully qualified i will have three weeks as part of my resettlement to work for a company for FREE in order to gain experience in the job and with any luck hope for a job at the end of it. Any assistance or contacts you may have would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks despatcher97

2. I am doing a similar course, i contacted my local housing authority and got the details of the guys that do the Gas & heating repairs. I gave them a call and went for a chat. They were more than helpful...........give them a go, good luck

3. You could google in screwfix and go to the forum section, or diynot , but times are pretty desperate I'm afraid.

I've been working with gas for 30 years, and I have never had it as bad, if the mortgage wasn't paid off, we'd be in the cack.

As well, there is a lot of unease about these training agencies turning out people with no hope of a job to go to.... there's hundreds of thousands of skilled site workers, with no sites to work on- now they are signing on and stealing our work as well, by undercutting us for cash.

Sorry to be so negative