HELP.....No1 Dress Wedding

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Shadow4, Jun 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help....

Got to be a best man at a mates wedding this month...I managed to get an Aiguilette from the RQ but I just can't for the life of me fathom out how it's supposed to go on and he doesn't have a clue either!!!

Could anyone be of any help at all????

2. emmm actually i could.....nt

3. oh ho ho ho you funny guy :x :roll:

4. Ask a bandsman if you can
    I had same for my wedding they are the experts and should know
    If you get stuck let me know I will dig out a webbing photo and take a look

Cheers

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Unless you are a bandsman why the hell would you want to wear an Aiguilette? I'm sorry but Walting as a bandsman is just a bit sad.

6. I thought only ADC's wore them?!? Could be wrong mind you...

7. BuggerAll

Walting as an ADC?

8. I'm just following the Grooms (and more so the brides) instructions

He's done the research and got them but we just don't know how to wear them haha

9. In some regiments it is permissible to weer the Bamdsmans variety when in No 1 Dress for such and occasion as a wedding as an OR (and maybe an Officer not sure on that one). As a SNCO at the time I asked and got it cleared through the Chain of Command in my unit no problem - it was probably the easiest thing I organised for the wedding compared to all else! :)

10. I did mean the Aiguilette...

I think I have managed to figure it out but thanks for your efforts anyway.

11. I've been in 22 years. What the feck is an aiguilette?

12. BuggerAll

Perhaps I was over sarky in my earlier posts. At end of the day you are going to a wedding and must do whatever the the happy couple want, but if you have any influence on them please try and talk them out of this nonsence.

No 1 Dress uniform is smart enough as it is suppossed to be worn, you don't need to cover yourself in gold braids - you will just make yourselves look like admirals in the Ugandan Navy, and hide any medals you've got - and in years to come you will look back at the photos and think 'Oh dear why did I do that?'

The only thing I would suggest is that you find yourselves some more comfortable shoes or george boots to wear at the Wedding Breakfast - especially if you are expecting to dance - just make sure they are bulled! - Oh and an appropiate button hole!

13. BuggerAll

Perhaps I was over sarky in my earlier posts. At end of the day you are going to a wedding and must do whatever the the happy couple want, but if you have any influence on them please try and talk them out of this nonsence.

No 1 Dress uniform is smart enough as it is suppossed to be worn, you don't need to cover yourself in gold braids - you will just make yourselves look like admirals in the Ugandan Navy, and hide any medals you've got - and in years to come you will look back at the photos and think 'Oh dear why did I do that?'

The only thing I would suggest is that you find yourselves some more comfortable shoes or george boots to wear at the Wedding Breakfast - especially if you are expecting to dance - just make sure they are bulled! - Oh and an appropiate button hole!

14. I keep reading this thread title as 'Help...No1 Wedding Dress' :eek:

Equal opportunities, indeed.