HELP.....No1 Dress Wedding

Help....

Got to be a best man at a mates wedding this month...I managed to get an Aiguilette from the RQ but I just can't for the life of me fathom out how it's supposed to go on and he doesn't have a clue either!!!

Could anyone be of any help at all????

Ask a bandsman if you can
I had same for my wedding they are the experts and should know
If you get stuck let me know I will dig out a webbing photo and take a look

Cheers

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Unless you are a bandsman why the hell would you want to wear an Aiguilette? I'm sorry but Walting as a bandsman is just a bit sad.

I thought only ADC's wore them?!? Could be wrong mind you...

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Walting as an ADC?

I'm just following the Grooms (and more so the brides) instructions

He's done the research and got them but we just don't know how to wear them haha

In some regiments it is permissible to weer the Bamdsmans variety when in No 1 Dress for such and occasion as a wedding as an OR (and maybe an Officer not sure on that one). As a SNCO at the time I asked and got it cleared through the Chain of Command in my unit no problem - it was probably the easiest thing I organised for the wedding compared to all else! :)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Perhaps I was over sarky in my earlier posts. At end of the day you are going to a wedding and must do whatever the the happy couple want, but if you have any influence on them please try and talk them out of this nonsence.

No 1 Dress uniform is smart enough as it is suppossed to be worn, you don't need to cover yourself in gold braids - you will just make yourselves look like admirals in the Ugandan Navy, and hide any medals you've got - and in years to come you will look back at the photos and think 'Oh dear why did I do that?'

The only thing I would suggest is that you find yourselves some more comfortable shoes or george boots to wear at the Wedding Breakfast - especially if you are expecting to dance - just make sure they are bulled! - Oh and an appropiate button hole!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Perhaps I was over sarky in my earlier posts. At end of the day you are going to a wedding and must do whatever the the happy couple want, but if you have any influence on them please try and talk them out of this nonsence.

No 1 Dress uniform is smart enough as it is suppossed to be worn, you don't need to cover yourself in gold braids - you will just make yourselves look like admirals in the Ugandan Navy, and hide any medals you've got - and in years to come you will look back at the photos and think 'Oh dear why did I do that?'

The only thing I would suggest is that you find yourselves some more comfortable shoes or george boots to wear at the Wedding Breakfast - especially if you are expecting to dance - just make sure they are bulled! - Oh and an appropiate button hole!

I keep reading this thread title as 'Help...No1 Wedding Dress' :eek:

Equal opportunities, indeed.

Thanks for the advice on the boots sknn....I have been told this before and I must admit I don't fancy getting a massive bill from the hotel for damages to the dance floor caused by ammo boots!!!

I completely understand what you mean but after trying the lot on and modelling for the wife, I have to say it seems to go down very well if you catch my drift!