Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by GunnerJoe, Mar 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have deleted this post and put it on charities page
  2. You are asking for help with the above in the NAAFI Bar??You are more likely to get the offer of a free colostomy bag here!!
    Approach the Mods. state your case and then see where things go from there...................................
  3. Joe,
    I wish you all the luck in the world with your plans.These sort of events take months/years to plan.Try contacting Harvey Goldsmith ( or someone like that) he organises big events,pop concerts etc.His company might give you some pointers.
    Keep this thread alive,and if it gets going I would be willing and able to help out.
    Good luck.
  4. By way of a bump...

Regardless of the fact that this is in the NAAFI, I hope some of you are contacting Joe.
  5. many thanks, it's needed
  6. I would love to help out on this wonderful venture, unfortunately I'm at the opposite end of the country and the distance is a bit far to travel :(
  7. Pte - LCpl CR's due are they?

When is the event scheduled for? The best place to start here is the local newspaper as i see you've done. Speak to them about getting a double page spread a week/ 2 weeks before. On the same spread get local busisnesses to show their support e.g (all the best for the show from Bob the Builder.) You get money from them in sponsorship and they get much needed, credible publicity.
    I'd get in touch with some sort of burger bar/ ice cream van if it's an all day event. Push your luck with them a bit and ask for a cut of their profits for charity.
    You've listed a hell of a lot of work there, so i'd delegate a lot of it amongst juniors in your unit, give them one specific thing to do and things will start to fall into place.

All the best with it,

8. Joe's doing it off his own back.

He needs help as mentioned:

Does anyone have any ideas how TA100 can be linked into the event?

Joe - visit and see if there's some way that this can engender some military participation. By rights, local units should be crying out for potential venues.
  9. Hi,
    The Telegraph is a good idea and I will email them today,
    as well as the TA100.