help needed

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by jase2472, Mar 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am transfering to the RAMC and have just done my CMT3, i was under the impression that with blisters that you just dressed them, i got told on my course that you should pop them then dress them could anyone clarify this,cheers
    jase :thumright:

2. who would need to see a medic with blisters?

3. I seriously hope this is a joke, but (here goes).....dont pop 'em. Just wash 'em, cover 'em and try to stay off 'em forra' bit. They will go of their own accord once the inflammatory response dies down and the fluid is re-absorbed. Their.

Well!? Was it a joke?

4. You'd be surprised! :thumright:
    I had to offer that very same advice to a previous Station Commander of RAF Honington once-upon-a-time! LOL!

5. For those uneducated readers.

BLISTERS CAN KILL

If not treated and managed correctly they can lead to cellulitis and septicaemia.

The President or prime minister of Australia's son died after a blister caused during tennis became infected.

Medders

6. no,its just that i have been told 2 different was to treat blisters off instructors who should know really, i thought that you just left them but when you get told something different off someone who if supposed to know :pissedoff:
    i forgot a lot of people on here was born knowing everything :yawnstretch:

7. Jase,

You have to understand that some people in our profession, do believe they know everything, when quite honestly, they do not.

Me, I can only tell you what I would do, not necessarily right, but then again, not necessarily wrong.

If the blister is in a place where it would cause constant irritation, i.e., at the back of the heel or on the arch of the foot, I tend to drain the fluid away. if the skin comes away, not to worry, get an inadine (iodine) dressing and place over the top, cover with a hydrocolloid dressing (such as granuflex or duoderm) and then cover over with zinc oxide tape, use 3-4 strips of tape rather than one big piece. Try to keep in place for 3-5 days if possible.

Wear decent socks (2 pair if possible) to prevent rubbing, especially when tabbing. :thumright:

8. Having been a medic on over 20 pre-paras, it doesn't matter if you pop them or not. the main thing is to keep them dressed and clean, problems start when they get infected.

9. cheers mate thats what i thought just thought i had better be sure :thumleft: