Help needed with Scorpion turret

Discussion in 'REME' started by RichardInDorset, May 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm restoring a Scorpion turret and I'm trying to find out what's missing in mine.

I have posted this on the RAC page too...

Any info most welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Yellow handbag for starters ....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oh memories................

Capture.JPG

4. I should try and get a 'Yellow Handbag' to put in it for shows, just to add that extra bit of realism!

And just in case anyone remembers it: 04 FD 03

1973: Date in service. VD (Vehicle Depot), Ludgershall, Wiltshire.

3[SUP]rd[/SUP] January 1974: 14[SUP]th[/SUP] / 20[SUP]th[/SUP] King’s Hussars, based at Harewood Barracks, Herford, Germany.

28[SUP]th[/SUP] April 1976: 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Royal Tank Regiment, based at Harewood Barracks, Herford, Germany.

30[SUP]th[/SUP] July 1977: 1[SUP]st[/SUP] The Queen’s Dragoon Guards, based at Haig Barracks, Hohne, Germany. The Regiment moved to Campbell Barracks, Hohne, in January 1979.

17[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1980: 9[SUP]th[/SUP] / 12[SUP]th[/SUP] Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales’s), based at Campbell Barracks, Hohne, Germany.
    17[SUP]th[/SUP] November 1981: Conversion work (location not noted) – Larkspur radio system replaced by Clansman radio system?

5[SUP]th[/SUP] March 1982: ODA (Ordnance Depot Antwerp), Royal Army Ordnance Corps, based at Antwerp, Belgium.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] October 1982: 16[SUP]th[/SUP] / 5[SUP]th[/SUP] The Queen's Royal Lancers, based at Assaye Barracks, Tidworth, Wiltshire.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] November 1982: 2nd Armoured Delivery Service

9[SUP]th[/SUP] November 1982: Conversion work (location not noted) – Larkspur radio system replaced by Clansman radio system?

21[SUP]st[/SUP] November 1986: 13[SUP]th[/SUP] / 18[SUP]th[/SUP] Royal Hussars (Queen Mary’s Own), based at Assaye Barracks, Tidworth, Wiltshire. The regiment moved to Northampton Barracks, Wolfenbuttel, Germany in December 1991.

10[SUP]th[/SUP] February 1993: Vehicle Depot, Ludgershall, Wiltshire.

5. There is a CVR(T) appreciation society on FB - I know its FB, however there are some good turret pics both externally and internally plus some odd looking wagons etc, etc.

Worth a look see and a good source of info