Help needed with PTC (PCBC)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SilverBullet, Aug 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys/Girls/Non-specifics,

A mate of mine is off to Brecon for PTC and has asked me to post the request for info below... Please give generously...

2. Top Tips from wg100

Take a laminator and lots of laminating pockets - you will make many friends this way as you have LOTS of cards/TAM inserts to waterproof.

Take whatever kit you want - you are supposed to be an experienced soldier, so they're not fussy as long as you take what is on the kit list.

They will issue you maps to fablon up.

Don't expect a lot of command appointments, do well on one and you're set for the rest of the course. Do badly, and expect some more to come your way. Whatever you do, make sure you're always switched on and part of the section/platoon. If you start being a mong, the DS will ping you straight away.

A laptop and printer will come in handy for writing up the patrol report task. If you want to be keen, you can use the day off to go back out on the area with your section and use a digital camera to photograph the ground (it has been done...). Sounds like going OTT, but helps to produce a pukka report.

Also, despite Brecon being a battle school where students are expected to run everywhere, remember, officers walk...

3. I think the previous thread just about covers it... Cheers guys, as I'm also thinking of crossing the bridge from rear to pointy bit it's of major interest to me also....