Help needed with old Larkspur 27ft mast

I am looking for a telescopic mast for a vhf marine aerial. The area I’m thinking of using it has poor reception and transmitting off the ground I want to extend a mast and aerial as high as possible. Any advice on which mast would be appreciated.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

jinxy

LE
We replaced our 27' Larkspur masts with a mix of 8m and 12m masts in 1980.
Larkspur was out of service in our lot in 80, though I did one ex with BID 150. The 7.5 m mast was for the PRC 320. VRC 353 had a 12 m telescopic mast. The 7.5 m was tent-pole type fibreglass.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Larkspur was out of service in our lot in 80, though I did one ex with BID 150. The 7.5 m mast was for the PRC 320. VRC 353 had a 12 m telescopic mast. The 7.5 m was tent-pole type fibreglass.
Yes, we replaced the masts along with the Larkspur sets. I don't remember seeing the Clansman BID (250?) before I left.

jinxy

LE
Yes, we replaced the masts along with the Larkspur sets. I don't remember seeing the Clansman BID (250?) before I left.
We got the Clansmen secure harness kits in 84ish I think, I fitted them to the sigs section FFRs, though I never operated BID 250 though, as far as I can remember.

Funnily enough, I did an exchange with the RN in 85. Found in a corner of the bridge was a big pile of clansman kit. They had had it for months but no one knew how to set it up or use it.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
We got the Clansmen secure harness kits in 84ish I think, I fitted them to the sigs section FFRs, though I never operated BID 250 though, as far as I can remember.

Funnily enough, I did an exchange with the RN in 85. Found in a corner of the bridge was a big pile of clansman kit. They had had it for months but no one knew how to set it up or use it.
I did the last Larkspur RAC Control Signaller Class 1 course in 1978 at Bovy. We got got this Clansman kit, Signals Sergeant looked at the books, showed and told, and off we went.

I expect your vehicle is something like a Mitsubishi L200, Nissan Navara or similar?
You might get some ideas from Clark Masts and SMC Comms.
Hydraulic Mast | South Midlands Communications Ltd
Telescopic Masts
Paging @BossHogg in case he has any thoughts based on masts used by Highways England.
Most of our equipment is on standard poles that you see with roadsigns, traffic lights etc, the give way posts are designed to collapse when hit. Our radio antennas are nothing to do with us as we use airwaves the same as all the emergency services.

RedDinger

War Hero
I did the last Larkspur RAC Control Signaller Class 1 course in 1978 at Bovy. We got got this Clansman kit, Signals Sergeant looked at the books, showed and told, and off we went.
It was the opposite for me. I trained as a tech on Clansman at 8 Sigs in 81. When I got to Germany, it was still Larkspur. They upgraded us about a year later.

They did the same when Bowman was fitted in 2005:neutral: